Rocketman Reviews

• Dec 27, 2019

They should've promoted this as a musical. I wasn't ready for the characters to spontaneously break out into song.

• ATXD
    Sep 05, 2019

Absolutely LOVED it!! Hard to pin point specifically because the music (of course), the acting, the story, the wardrobe (of course)- just an overall fantastic film!

• Joyce
    Aug 20, 2019

I like movies about real people or based on true stories. The movie was good my dislikes was expecting to hear full songs, where some were just pieces. I thought there were a few slow parts, that could have been played out better. Overall I did like the movie!

• tara p
    Aug 14, 2019

loved it. great job portraying Elton!

loved it. great job portraying Elton!

• Lis
    Aug 07, 2019

Fantastic! If you’re a fan of Elton John, it’s a must see!

Fantastic! If you’re a fan of Elton John, it’s a must see!

• dgp
    Aug 07, 2019

Second time we've seen it. Enjoyed it as much as the first. Can't wait for it to come out in DVD

• blockbusterbuff
    Aug 06, 2019

ROCKETMAN REVIEW: Man did I enjoy this flick. 😃 Right off the bat, comparisons to Bohemian Rhapsody will be made here. While I can see people enjoying a film like Bohemian Rhapsody more, I had a MUCH better time watching this instead! 👍👍 : Rocketman, compared to Bohemian Rhapsody, feels like a more grounded version of the artists story! While there are a lot of highs to Elton John’s life, there are parts here where you see Elton overdosing on drugs, contemplating suicide, being bullied by his family, etc. This all makes for TERRIFIC drama, and Elton John fans will surely be impressed. 😍 😍 What also works well is the MUSICAL songs too. There are actual fully choreographed musical numbers here to the tune of Elton John songs, and it REALLY works! They’re catchy, well sung, well directed, and fit into the drama! The films worth seeing just cause of the musical numbers alone. Taron Egerton is also frankly AWESOME as Elton John. He is SO GOOD in this, with Oscar-worthy acting in nearly every scene! With that said, I enjoyed Rocketman WAY more than Bohemian Rhapsody! The drama works unbelievably well, and though not all of it is “fun”, (a lot of this IS depressing) it won’t go breaking your heart either.

• Denise
    Aug 06, 2019

A beautiful blend of the life and music of Elton John. Acting was superb especially Taron Eferton and Jamie Bell. Well done!

• Julie
    Aug 03, 2019

If you like musicals.

If you like musicals.

• SA Foy
    Aug 03, 2019

This movie should be seen by everyone!!

This movie should be seen by everyone!!