RocknRolla - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

RocknRolla Reviews

May 11, 2015
This is a fun yet gruesome caper...great dialogue and fantastic performances. Ritchie could churn these gangster flicks out forever and yet they would still seem fresh and exciting! Love it!
½ May 5, 2015
Sometimes the best way of making the movies is to not mess with the formula. I know its not the most innovative movie, or something new from Guy Ritchie , but RocknRolla was a blast. It was fun movie with great acting, Over the top dialog, thrilling action, funny comedies and memorable character.
Its not every movie that you can remember character and its quotes, but it simply the case for RocknRolla. Their personality was awesome and unique. Gerard Butler and Tom Hardy comedic presence was a thing in this film, yet Mark Strong and Karel Roden commanding look make sure that the film wasn't far away from being a action gangster movie
A film that is about a scrawny deal between Russian and British mob. The story was nothing new but there are still excitement and fun in the twist and turn itself. Even with all of the meaningful and memorable quotes, RocknRolla wasn't meant to be something artistic, meaningful or iconic, but it meant to give you fun, excitement, thrill and most importantly one hell of a ride.
May 3, 2015
Re-watch. Love this. Cracking cast. Good soundtrack. Strong is the balls. Twitch off Newton.
April 28, 2015
I personally really enjoyed it and Ritchie himself said it that this was more what he wants to see from a film then others. So this film is basically Ritchie's imagination which I loved. The thing I love most is that everyone is the main character it confusing but it all makes sense at the end. Every character is likable I didn't like johnny quid but I like it at the end. Overall from its story for its direction this is ana amazing film.
½ April 15, 2015
Disappointment, better to watch Lock Stock and Snatch
March 28, 2015
I think its fair to say Guy Ritchie and I dont get along with movies lol with the exception of Momento I havent found one movie I like of his yet. But at the same time I am always interested in them
March 27, 2015
Guy Ritchie is one of my top 5 favourite film makers
½ March 8, 2015
Like A Magician Trying To Confuse You With Distraction While He Works His Sleight Of Hand..By The Time The REAL Premise Reveals Itself The Muddle Of Plot/Character Mash Conuses You I Barely Just Hung On & It Was Half-Worth It I Sppose.
February 1, 2015
#3 in the guy Ritchie gangsta trilogy
January 24, 2015
College buddy: "-ya know, that one where Bane and Leonidas go salsa dancing?"
½ January 10, 2015
Guy Ritchie's best by far!
½ January 9, 2015
Another typical Guy Ritchie film, similar to Snatch, a brutish yet funny look at the criminal underworld of London. Offensive, disgusting and quite often morally wrong, I absolutely adore this film. It would have five stars if it weren't so similar to Snatch, though I feel as if it's the same film but repackaged. Still, a film I can watch time and time again.
January 8, 2015
Quite enjoyable for the most part but loses its way towards the end.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Guy Ritchie the man behind successful movies like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch are back with a quite similar flick. I liked those movies because they were a bit odd compare to other movies in a good way. Rocknrolla have the same feeling and the story takes place in London with underground gangsters and crime lords. The usual stuff in this type of movies and with alot of cool different characters. There is often pretty much to keep track in Ritchie's movies so you don't miss the story. Anyway if you are fan of his other flick you will enjoy this one aswell. It wasn't quite as good in my opinion but good enough.
½ December 29, 2014
Londre, c'est dangereux, hein Guy ;)

Certes, les scenarios de Guy Ritchy ont tendance a se ressembler, certes on y retrouve souvent la meme facon de monter le film en suivant plusieurs groupes de persos, certes, certes...
Mais quand meme, faut bien avouer que des films aussi kiffant a regarder, on en mate pas tous les jours.
Alors, pour la bande son, pour le jeu des acteurs, pour l'intelligence d'ecriture, pour la photo, pour la rea nickel et pour le kiff pris pendant toute la duree du bouzin, ca vaut largement le detour
December 26, 2014
Not Guy Ritchie's best. If you want a very good and solid Ritchie film, pick up Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or Snatch. Right off the bat, this movie is boring. The pace is chaotic but that pace actually gets in the way of the actual story. The characters are all not interesting. Not recommended.
December 15, 2014
An interesting story and interesting characters make RocknRolla an entertaining genre-mixed film from Guy Ritchie. The movie has a great plot that brings a wacky group of characters together and leads to a crazy ending. Gerard Butler is the lead in the film and he's alright, but the film is stolen by its supporting characters. With Tom Hardy playing Handsome Bob and Toby Kebbell as Johnny Quid being the standouts of the film.
½ December 13, 2014
Il tipico film che non si vede l'ora finisca.
½ December 12, 2014
3.0 - Geoff Bell
3.0 - Matt King
3.0 - Jeremy Piven
½ November 11, 2014
This was Ritchie's last hurrah when it came to the Cockney gangsters that he had made his bones on, and while the cast is first rate, the film is flashy but has a disjointed narrative. I still had a hell of a good time though.