Rocky Balboa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rocky Balboa Reviews

March 11, 2016
Rocky Balboa is an unnecessary continuation of Rocky's life. Filled with brand new characters we don't care about, watching Rocky get back in the ring is far more cheesy than exciting.
March 8, 2016
A Great Movie, No Matter what any cynic says.
March 8, 2016
.,,,,,¢,,,,,,¦,,,,¢,,,,,¦,,,¢,,,,¦,,,¢,,,¦,¢,,¦¢,¦...º
February 29, 2016
The fine line between making Rocky win and making it too predictable, and making him lose and making people have a bad taste of mouth as legendary Rocky loses his very last fight. However, I guess the importance of the movie, and the whole series in fact, is to show people it's not really about winning, but always trying you're best and not giving up and nobody teaches that as good as Rocky. Also, training montages. No one's as good as him for that.
February 6, 2016
If you're thinking "I don't know if I have it in me for another Rocky movie", well you've got one last Rocky movie viewing in ya. This is a terrific farewell to Rocky. Those left dissatisfied with Rocky V, this is the finale you were hoping for. It's a lot more in the spirit and tone of the original Rocky. Slower paced, character driven, heavy with the dialogue. The writing and dialogue is amazing. Rocky never sounded more like Rocky, with his Rocky-ism's. It was a joy to hear all he had to say. He gives a few more pep-talks than need be, but it's all the more inspiring.
½ February 4, 2016
A good last film, although Rocky has definitely aged a lot!
January 29, 2016
A diferencia de la quinta entrega, Rocky Balboa hace todo lo correcto, le da un buen final a la saga y lo ms importante es que nos recuerda por que amamos tanto a este personaje.
January 29, 2016
Let this bizarre vainity project die already, like it did a very long time ago.
January 25, 2016
I was looking forward to this instalment of Rocky after I was disappointed by number 4 and to a degree number 5. This is better but for me it did not reach the high bar that the earlier Rocky films had sent. The plot is pretty implausible but you can't blame them for trying. I'm going to be honest, this film is overrated. I think too many people have watched this with rose tinted glasses and after watching number 4 and 5 I suppose anything better was bound to get decent reviews. As much as I like the Rocky franchise, I did feel that this was a bit of a feeble effort that was too sentimental for it's own good.

I'm so glad Creed has come along and breathed new life into the franchise because let's face it, it was crying out for it.
½ January 24, 2016
A nice way to close it out. A beautiful speech by Rocky in the movie to his son. One of my favourites, ever.
½ January 20, 2016
It brings back Rocky, some nostalgia for the first film, and it is one of the duller entries, but it does at least have heart. The same formula is there but it's not so apparent, and Stallone still carries the role. The final fight isn't the most exciting, but it helps the plot's main point.
January 8, 2016
The saga ended with a bang
January 5, 2016
Another surprising great one from Sly! He realizes he's getting old and it's harder to compete with younger/stronger competitors. But old men can still be bad asses who don't give up on life.
January 5, 2016
One of the best comeback stories of all times, has seeped through to the sequels(finally). I love the whole Rocky franchise(even part V), but this film certainly brings back the passion and heart of the original and the energy and determination of Rocky III.
If you haven't seen this film, than you must be crazy. GO SEE IT NOW! Definately Academy Awards worthy...
January 3, 2016
Stallone does with this one what he should have done with the terrible Rocky V. A perfect bookend for the series. As close to the quality of the original as he has come in the entire series. You miss some of the characters so beloved in the franchise but their absence is part of what makes this entry work so well.
January 3, 2016
The legacy of rocky will live on forever
January 3, 2016
Clearly better than Rocky 4 and 5, but still hits the same beats as the original Rocky with less force and compelling effect.
December 30, 2015
Felt like return to form for the series, a bleak depressing sendoff with a lot of heart.
December 30, 2015
Po obejrzeniu wszystkich siedmiu filmw odmawiam przyzna?, ?e Rocky Balboa jest fikcyjn? postaci?. I lec? do Filadelfii zrobi? sobie zdj?cie pod jego pomnikiem :)
December 28, 2015