The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Reviews

January 17, 2017
Over-the-top, absurdly ridiculous, and very funny. Tim Curry is great.

7.5/10.
½ January 12, 2017
serious if you taste this low I do not need to know you. this movie is timeless.
½ January 7, 2017
Too freakish. I don't really get it and don't care for it, although "The Time Warp" isn't a bad song. (First and only viewing - 10/25/2009)
December 25, 2016
Slow paced and dull unless one is in a theater with people for a "midnight screening" of it - with props. On Blu-Ray.
December 20, 2016
3.09 --- Entertaining but weird. Why people from another planet?
December 12, 2016
My All Time Favorite Musical !
December 12, 2016
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is directed and co-written by Richard Sharman, who also directed the musical play version, and it stars Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, and Barry Bostwick in a musical comedy about an engaged couple that got themselves in an accident, and they found a castle that's run by Frank N. Furter (Tim Curry) who is a transvestite that created a human being, and doesn't want them to leave. My friends talked this so much that I'm honestly tired of hearing about it and finally got to watch and finish this, and while it's not as awesome as my friends say it is constantly, I did had a lot of fun with this. The acting is pretty good when they act good, or intentionally bad, and Tim Curry is the best part of the film as he's just having a riot with this and just making the best of this weird film. The songs are just really memorable, whether it be Time Warp and Sweet Transvestite, which Tim Curry is a great singer for it. It's interesting that the film portrayed one of the characters as bi-sexual as the early films haven't really done something like this, and the production designs look really out there, but fits to the tone of the film. There's a good balance of zaniness to it, and there's some funny moments, but not quite consistent with it. It probably wasn't as fun as I thought was going to be, which is probably because my friends hyped it up so much for that, and the ending might've lose me a bit there, even if I was enjoying it. The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a great musical that I can see why my friends talked about this a lot.
December 4, 2016
Tim Curry is everything!
½ December 2, 2016
SO weird! It was pretty entertaining though. Tim Curry was my favorite part of the movie by far. I wish I could've seen it live.
November 27, 2016
It's a strange and delightful film. Most of the good songs are in the first 40 minutes but it's still enjoyable. Watch it at home before going to a theater.
November 21, 2016
Best musical ever and just one of the greatest movies ever.
November 11, 2016
161111. I've always enjoyed a couple songs from this film but overall it's weak. I'll see what the British Version brings next year.
½ November 6, 2016
It's such a great tribute to all sci-fi and horror musical fans alike.
November 5, 2016
So bad, it's amazing.
October 31, 2016
what did I just watch ????
October 28, 2016
A classic and outstanding performance that had stood the test of time and a benchmark for alternative musicals bought to the big screen
October 26, 2016
It's balls to the wall bat-shit insane, and it doesn't give a fuck, that's why I love it so much every Halloween season.
October 21, 2016
Love this cult classic!
October 21, 2016
Best movie ever made.
October 14, 2016
A classic cult masterpiece.