The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Reviews

½ May 7, 2018
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a 1975 musical science-fiction horror-comedy film directed by Jim Sharman.
Featuring an outstanding lead performance by Curry this movie is somewhat shocking in its sexual content and themes. But it is also fun, and many of the musical numbers, such as The Time Warp, have become classics. Although the second half is not as strong as the first and at times becomes a little silly, overall this is a unique movie which has now become a cult classic.
1001
April 15, 2018
Saw this picture 4 years ago, nothing but fantastic, unbelievable reviews. 'One of a kind' where movie goers dress-up to 'characters67th in the movie' and acts out the movie.
½ February 17, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
January 5, 2018
Classic, just a great movie
½ December 31, 2017
No. Just.. No. Cheap and too weird even for me. I don't understand the hype and frankly I don't think it deserves the praise.
November 8, 2017
Hilarious, better than Little Shop Of Horrors!
November 2, 2017
Loved the music and the romance of Eddie and Columbia. I only wish Eddie weren't killed off after just one song! Branet and Jad--I mean...well, you know--were funny squares. A combination of Hairspray, Frankenstein, The Gay Deceivers, and Dr. Strangelove. And Roger Ebert is right: watched by itself, it is kinda sweet and silly.
½ October 31, 2017
One of the best musicals of all-time featuring a cool soundtrack and a scene-stealing performance by Tim Curry.
October 31, 2017
This is a Halloween tradition for me. It's simply one of the weirdest musicals that I have ever seen in my life, but it IS fun. I did the whole audience participation thing once. Needless to say, I was the only one wearing casual dress, the usual tee shirt and khakis. I was the only one! I felt slightly out of place. I didn't belong. Haven't been back since. I like the movie, but the whole audience participation thing...not for me. I DID like how everyone shot off water guns during the thunderstorm scene. I got soaked, but THAT was cool. I'm easily amused...anyways, if you haven't seen this, see it. It's not for everyone, but it's fun, and totally appropriate for Halloween!
½ October 22, 2017
9.5 out of 10:

It's kind of strange but The Rocky Horror Picture Show is entertaining, surreal, funny, and got plenty of great songs and an absolutely amazing performance from Tim Curry.
October 14, 2017
ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME! A TRUE BRILLIANT CLASSIC! I ALSO LOVE THE SEQUEL "SHOCK TREATMENT" :)
½ October 11, 2017
Absolutely bazaar, ridiculous & off the wall and totally embraces the fact that it's all of those things, which makes this movie so much fun. Saw this cult classic several times in the midnight showings and is almost as fun to watch on DVD.
September 4, 2017
The songs and catchy, the acting is charming, and the set pieces are to die for, what more could you want from a musical.
September 3, 2017
Before I get into this review, I saw this movie in theaters with a live performance of actors that performed the scenes from the movie that were playing on screen. If your going to watch this movie, watch it like I did, people throwing stuff at the screen and people yelling out you suck and other crazy things. Good entertaining weird strange movie starring Tim curry and some other random people. One thing I forgot to mention was that I saw this movie at midnight.
½ July 29, 2017
This film is an absolute cult classic, and is a huge staple in pop culture. Although the film may be hard to follow at times, everything is saved by Tim Curry, who plays Dr. Frank N Furter. This film is not for everyone, but I would highly suggest seeing it.
June 29, 2017
Overthetop and gleefully manic.
June 27, 2017
Fans of musical comedy, you will love Tim Curry's sexy voice.
½ June 23, 2017
A musical for the ages, which holds up especially well in the age of anything goes. We open with a bright red-lipped mouth singing a song about science fiction. We?re then introduced to our leads who are attending a wedding: Brad Majors (Barry Bostwick) and Janet Weiss (Susan Sarandon) meet and it?s love at first sight. After singing their love to the world, the criminologist (Charles Gray) shows up to offer his take on the situation that leads to their disappearance. When Brad and Janet get stranded in the middle of nowhere, they seek help from the residents of the Frankenstein place, and what follows is the impurification of the engaged couple and utter insanity set to the most high-voltage soundtrack ever, so much so I felt burned out after the first few songs, my only major complaint about this movie as a whole. Throughout, they?re introduced to Riff Raff (Richard O?Brian), Magenta (Patricia Quinn) and the show stealing scientist Frank N. Furter (Tim Curry), who seeks to make Rocky Horror (Peter Hinwood) a man in just seven days. From the opening song to the closing one, the story makes sense with the only confusion coming from if you?re a little burned out after the first few songs like I was, especially if you just feel the need to sing (and maybe dance) along. The main characters of Brad and Janet were relatable as the eyes and ears of the audience who likely haven?t been exposed to this type of content before unless they?ve seen this movie before. They?re fairly well developed, but we could have had more. Anyway, with a few cheesy effects that not only don?t detract from, but add to the story, the picture is brilliant, and whether or not everything feels like it belongs there is irrelevant, because it?s just so energetic and weird. The music is just so energetic and weird too, with hits like ?Science Fiction/Double Feature,? ?Dammit Janet,? ?The Time Warp,? and ?Sweet Transvestite,? among others, which I felt was amazing and fun. Overall, The Rocky Horror Picture Show is the unwholesome, family unfriendly entertainment you?ve been seeking. So you can wa-wa-wa-wa-watch it, so you can get dirirty! And afterward, you?ll wanna go back and do the watch through again! There?s a light shining wherever you can get this movie! Follow it, get it, and watch it!
½ May 16, 2017
Weird random over the top in the best way possible great performance some well directed musical numbers if your into strange movies from the 70s you should definitely watch this
½ May 4, 2017
Too freakish. I don't really get it and don't care for it, although "The Time Warp" isn't a bad song. (First and only viewing - 10/25/2009)