The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Reviews

½ March 30, 2017
This movie is weird and is considered a cult movie but to me it was generic and isn't memorable as to many people it is.
½ February 25, 2017
70s decadence right there in spades. Imagine if you will a transvestite willy wonka scientist. (The shit willy wonka not Gene Wilder) and you're most of the way there. It's a sing along homage to horror with added sex and pizazz in a highly camp 70s way.
February 18, 2017
A musical masterpiece like no other! How often is it that one likes every song from a soundtrack, with no exceptions? I thought never, until now - Richard O'Brien is comedy gold and a genius. It's totally original, straight from the twisted mind to a movie, and casting the perfect bunch of misfits to deliver an outstanding piece of entertainment. Can't imagine there's too many other films out there focusing on transvestite aliens that are creating a muscle man for their own sexual pleasure. Not that there's a real market for that sort of thing but if you want to hit the headlines, you've gotta be unique. It's a perfect blend of story and lyrics, famed notably for its Time Warp ditty, yet backed up with an array of other gems. Brad and Janet literally don't know what's hit them when they enter this castle, nor will we if we're not primed for it, but they're soon finding their way around what appears to be a drag show set in Dracula's castle. For some It's possibly a little too extreme for live viewing, but a sure fire hit from the comfort of your sofa. It feels as current as any other number released in theatres today, despite being over 40 years old. It's been around longer than me, and suspect it'll still be gripping people for lifetimes to come.
January 22, 2017
The fun of the first half is more or less gutted by the content that arises by the midpoint. Queerphobic, full of stereotypes for characters, and its portrayal of sexual assault is pretty reprehensible. "If you get assaulted, you'll have fun and it'll make you cooler!" Fuck that shit.
January 17, 2017
Over-the-top, absurdly ridiculous, and very funny. Tim Curry is great.

7.5/10.
½ January 12, 2017
serious if you taste this low I do not need to know you. this movie is timeless.
½ January 7, 2017
Too freakish. I don't really get it and don't care for it, although "The Time Warp" isn't a bad song. (First and only viewing - 10/25/2009)
December 25, 2016
Slow paced and dull unless one is in a theater with people for a "midnight screening" of it - with props. On Blu-Ray.
December 20, 2016
3.09 --- Entertaining but weird. Why people from another planet?
December 12, 2016
My All Time Favorite Musical !
December 12, 2016
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is directed and co-written by Richard Sharman, who also directed the musical play version, and it stars Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, and Barry Bostwick in a musical comedy about an engaged couple that got themselves in an accident, and they found a castle that's run by Frank N. Furter (Tim Curry) who is a transvestite that created a human being, and doesn't want them to leave. My friends talked this so much that I'm honestly tired of hearing about it and finally got to watch and finish this, and while it's not as awesome as my friends say it is constantly, I did had a lot of fun with this. The acting is pretty good when they act good, or intentionally bad, and Tim Curry is the best part of the film as he's just having a riot with this and just making the best of this weird film. The songs are just really memorable, whether it be Time Warp and Sweet Transvestite, which Tim Curry is a great singer for it. It's interesting that the film portrayed one of the characters as bi-sexual as the early films haven't really done something like this, and the production designs look really out there, but fits to the tone of the film. There's a good balance of zaniness to it, and there's some funny moments, but not quite consistent with it. It probably wasn't as fun as I thought was going to be, which is probably because my friends hyped it up so much for that, and the ending might've lose me a bit there, even if I was enjoying it. The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a great musical that I can see why my friends talked about this a lot.
December 4, 2016
Tim Curry is everything!
½ December 2, 2016
SO weird! It was pretty entertaining though. Tim Curry was my favorite part of the movie by far. I wish I could've seen it live.
November 27, 2016
It's a strange and delightful film. Most of the good songs are in the first 40 minutes but it's still enjoyable. Watch it at home before going to a theater.
November 21, 2016
Best musical ever and just one of the greatest movies ever.
November 11, 2016
161111. I've always enjoyed a couple songs from this film but overall it's weak. I'll see what the British Version brings next year.
½ November 6, 2016
It's such a great tribute to all sci-fi and horror musical fans alike.
November 5, 2016
So bad, it's amazing.
October 31, 2016
what did I just watch ????
October 28, 2016
A classic and outstanding performance that had stood the test of time and a benchmark for alternative musicals bought to the big screen