Rocky V - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rocky V Reviews

½ June 27, 2016
I'd give it 1 star but there was SOME boxing so I'll give it that. But honestly, Rocky 5 just makes me sad. Despite the previous for being classics (And also great inspiring sports flicks), Rocky 5 just makes you feel that Rocky is getting sick and is staring to die. I'm not just talking about Balboa, I'm talking about the franchise to.
½ June 26, 2016
Stupid and unnecessary for a sequel, Rocky 5 outs the franchise to a screeching holt for it to be redeemed in the future
June 13, 2016
Bit shit. Shame, this rocky film shouldn't have been made. Boring slow bad acting and just unneeded
½ June 13, 2016
The story takes a nice turn in the fifth movie of this franchise with Rocky losing it all and finding himself back where he started. He has difficulty readjusting, especially with the complication of having a family. The father-son angle plays out well in this one and it's a refreshing change not having Rocky set foot in a ring. All that said, any kind of originality for this franchise has already run out of steam by this fifth movie. Viewers choose to either accept or not accept the cheesiness.
June 12, 2016
Awful. Truly not believable and dragged on. By far the worst movie in the franchise.
June 8, 2016
Great movie this movie has some very emotional scenes
June 4, 2016
Rocky 5 is the complete downfall of the series featuring a weak story, phoned-in performances, questionable character moments and even Stallone himself has admitted it's terrible and the low-point of the franchise. It really isn't a Rocky movie at all; he never once steps in the ring and instead trains a new up-and-coming fighter named, Tommy Gunn (played by real-life fighter, Tommy Morrison), who intrudes too far into Rocky's life to where he ends up neglecting his son, Rocky Jr, played fittingly by his real-life son, Sage Stallone. The film is a complete farce of the franchise with the main message being: throwing a punch will solve all of your problems and the meat-headed attitude throughout the film betrays the characters. Throughout the film we are annoyed to death by an irritating boxing promoter who is trying to get Rocky out of retirement, and when that plan fails, sets his sights on the impressionable, Tommy Gunn. The film ends with a retarded street fight between Rocky and Tommy that really just has to be seen to be believed and it's such a weak way to cap off the franchise at the time. Most franchises have one or a few black sheep installments, and this is easily the worst film in the Rocky series and you can honestly skip right over it if you're marathoning the films. Oh, and you got to love how Rocky Jr. goes from being about 8 years old in Rocky 4, to like 14 in this film in the span of Rocky's flight home from Russia, continuity ftw!
June 3, 2016
Rocky V is a really disappointing part of the film series and I think Sylvester Stallone didn't really give out the heart of the character like he did with the last four films.
May 17, 2016
A lot of flaws but entertaining in a dumb kind of way.
May 13, 2016
Not so good, all this film relies on is pure nostalgia from the previous fight with Drago.
April 24, 2016
Para muchos la peor entrega de la saga. Para mí, una de las más interesantes. Me gusta pensar que ese odio viene del hecho de que Tommy Gun no es un rival tan grandilocuente como en anteriores entregas, pero lo cierto es que su importancia viene por otros aspectos: el hecho de que sea el pupilo de Rocky, su primer estudiante, el hecho de que se vea reflejado en él, el hecho de que el propio Rocky está aprovechándose de él para volver a sentir todo aquello que había perdido (Micky, su posibilidad de luchar, su éxito)...

Son tantas lecturas las que se pueden sacar de esta película, que me sorprende que no gustase.

Ah sí, y todo se resuelve a puñetazos...como buen americano...Yey!
April 22, 2016
A worthy addition to the Rocky saga. Even though Rocky has retired from boxing the film is still able to show heart and emotion.
April 20, 2016
This movie could perfectly be deleted from history and everyone will be happy. The only positive thing is watching Rocky back in his original enviroment and showing everyone that he is the honest human being that everybody loves.
April 20, 2016
This entry in the Rocky series is a dark, and rather unworthy chapter. But "Rocky V'' still does have it's worthwhile moments, like the "Mickey inspirational speech'', the "Street Fight'' showdown between Rocky and Tommy and it features a great soundtrack with well-known artists like Elton John.
½ April 17, 2016
I can't remember any other film franchise in which the hero receives nothing but loss, in its (pretended to be) last chapter. Sly, What were you thinking?
½ April 17, 2016
A more subtle, and quite different, entry to the Rocky series.
March 30, 2016
I thought this movie was good. Had a fight outside of the ring. It wasn't the best out of all of the movies but I am still gonna give it 5 stars because well... It's Rocky the champ.
March 27, 2016
While it manages to keep some heart from the last films, it contains a dull and uninteresting story, and has no likeable characters, and even makes Rocky unliveable at some points. Overall very disappointing for fans of the films.
X
March 27, 2016
shit, the others were great but this is just horrible
March 25, 2016
Say what you will about Rocky 5 but I like it. There are big problems with it but when it comes down to it this Rocky feels more like a Rocky movie than 3 and 4.