Rodents of Unusual Size Reviews

• Mar 21, 2019

Rodents of Unusual Size is part zoology lesson, part environmental impact statement, part unflinching look into the recklessness and resiliency of human nature, with a bit of horror film mixed in. Beautifully filmed in the swamplands of Louisiana, Rodents is so engaging that it was even hard for me to look away during a few gory scenes. And I am someone who goes to great lengths to avoid walking past the butcher case in a supermarket. Watch this film! It is a story you are not likely to hear about anywhere else.

• Feb 25, 2019

Awesome documentary on these giants. Loved the characters in the movie and seeing their point of view on how they have been affected by this invasive species. Highly recommended.

• Feb 04, 2019

Before seeing this film, I didn't quite know what to expect. But I was almost immediately blown away by how spectacular it proved to be. Not only is the filmography and editing visually stunning and beautifully executed but the story and characters are refreshingly unique and weave a captivating tale. I was transported into Louisiana and truly had a feel for the lives and culture of the area. Through the consistent theme of the nutria, this film was truly enlightening and entertaining. Touching upon so many unexpected topics such as fashion, cuisine, history, environmental issues, sports, and many more, Rodents of Unusual Size was extensively researched, informative, but most of all, enjoyable. The viewer meets so many complex and likable people with real stories that were relatable while also paradoxically being so foreign. Through their tales (again, mostly centered around nutria in various fascinating ways), the viewer has the pleasure of truly feeling connected and yearning for more. I feel as if I am so much more informed of an entire culture, both with positives and negatives, that I wasn't even aware existed, which is a thrilling sensation. When I noticed the film was almost over, I had two urges: the first was to restart it because I hadn't yet had enough of this fantastic film. The second was to immediately hop on a plane to Louisiana.

• Jan 17, 2019

Emotional roller-coaster, cringing at the huge Nutria, empathetic to the plight of the local people, laughing with the Cajun music (there is an awesome sound track) I loved this film upside down and around again!

• Jan 16, 2019

An offbeat doc about the nutria, and the havoc they are currently wreaking on coastal Louisiana wetlands. In addition to the hard facts, a lot of colorful characters and bits of rural Louisiana life are featured, which I really enjoyed as a way to round out an overall serious topic. Highly recommended.

• Nov 22, 2017

Amazing tale of an eco-disaster accompanied by flavorful Cajun characters. A must watch documentary!