Rodeo Girl Reviews

• Jun 23, 2019

So I've never reviewed a movie before but this one really blew me out of the water so I thought i'd give it a shot. All of the others who said this was a bad production aren't kidding. I was amazed at the low quality of the film itself but also some b-roll made no sense at all. Besides that, this girl is supposed to be going to Michigan for the SUMMER. If you weren't aware people typically don't have to shuffle through a few inches of fallen leaves in a long sleeve shirt and jeans all summer. That seems like a scene that perhaps would take place in the fall, but nope not for this movie. Also I haven't noticed anyone pointing out the issue of the star horse of the movie, "lass" being called the incorrect pronouns multiple times throughout the film. I truly am not sure if this horse is a female or male at this point. I can also agree with other reviews about unlikelyhood of a horse trained for hunter/jumper to be able to make such a quick turn around and do barrels. There were definitely a lot of plot holes in this productions but it perhaps would be a fun movie to watch with your friends as a drinking game like "take a shot every time something makes no sense at all" or something like that.

• Oct 23, 2018

I signed up for a R.T. account because of this "movie." The lighting, the acting, the whiny protagonist, the young men wearing mom jeans, and plot all give me hope that anyone can have their movie made. At some point, I mentioned to my daughter that this movie looks like it had been shot on an iPhone; her response: "no way, my iPhone takes better video than that!" That being said, my 11 y.o. enjoyed this movie (I'm now questioning my parenting - thanks Rodeo Girl.)

• May 08, 2017

Not that great a movie. Was lacking something.

Not that great a movie. Was lacking something.

• Apr 21, 2017

I need to roll up my sleeves. It will forever be a mystery as to why I decided to watch a movie entitled 'Rodeo Girl' but I did, and to say it was one of the worst decisions of my life is a complete understatement. There were so many things wrong with this movie and can't even keep track of them. First of all the plot and script are extremely flawed. The storyline is basic and boring to say the least. This movie was obviously made on a low budget but that is no excuse for the terrible acting and awful lighting and sets. I found the whole movie very confusing. I didn't understand how anyone's honeymoon could last four months, I mean who in the world can get off of work for that long. Also, who's mother would send their daughter to an estranged father while she went on a four month cruise? The answer is no one. And at the end of the movie they praise her for being a good mother. Pricilla's relationship with Sage was also confusing. They never say Sage's age but they do talk about how he is saving for veterinarian's school, and even at the end he goes to veterinarian's school. This means sage must be 17 or 18. Now, their relationship would be alright if their wasn't such an age gap. At the end of the movie they share a kiss which, if Sage was 18, this kiss would be ILLEGAL in the United States. Sage could be an actual sex offender for this kiss, and I find this disgusting and weird. In conclusion I am absolutely livid about this movie and I highly recommend that you don't waste 108 minutes of your life with this movie because you will NEVER be able to get it back.

• Feb 23, 2017

Good movie, nice story

Good movie, nice story

• Jul 22, 2016

The plot was decent, but some of the acting was really terrible. The worst thing about it was the fact that the writers had no idea what people from Michigan sound like. They had them using phrases such as "I don't reckon" and "I don't got any," which sounds more southwestern than upper Midwest. Not sure if they realize this, but most Michiganders speak mainstream English, or have a slight Canadian-tinged accent, if anything. Pretty distracting for someone like me, who's lived in Michigan their whole life.

• Jul 01, 2016