Rogers Park Reviews

• Dec 30, 2019

Low budget Indies can be hit or miss, but when you find one with the heart that 'Rogers Park' has it's impossible to not be overcome by the authenticity and sheer will of the words on the page. This could be anyone's life. Connecting the film to Chicago was fine, but this could have been anyplace USA. The relationships are real, the friendships are real and the emotion I felt for each of the four leads is real. This is one of those under the radar flicks that you just have to seek out and let it wash over you. There's character growth and stagnation and regression and it all works. Effective and direct and featuring two couples who have a fantastic chemistry. Perhaps the next time Kyle Henry directs a film he can do so on something other than a shoestring budget. There are faults here. The film is far from perfect, but it doesn't need to be in order to be subtly powerful. Finally, Christine Horn and Sara Sevigny. I didn't know who these actresses were before this film, but somebody please keep them working. The power of those two to carry this film is magnificent. Final Score: 8.3/10

• May 29, 2018

Best independent movie I've seen in a long time. Great acting!

Best independent movie I've seen in a long time. Great acting!

• May 01, 2018

Almost painfully true - a beautiful film.

Almost painfully true - a beautiful film.

• Apr 04, 2018

Though it may not travel far out of its North Side neighborhood, it's an ideal showcase for the four leads, who are given the latitude to create fully human characters. The superb actors, given opportunities to go for broke, make each one count, and make the movie worth watching.

• Mar 28, 2018

Really wonderful movie. Refreshing to see some new faces in the acting arena! The story was well thought out and the relationships real. All around a really great movie!

• Mar 04, 2018

This almost felt more like a documentary than a piece of fiction, the actors so fully inhabited their characters, and those characters and situations were so real.

• Dec 13, 2017

EMOTIONALLY REAL AND RAW A must see emotional ride through mid-life. Compelling acting by everyone in the cast! The setting is as much of the story as the character's journey and enhances the undeniably true depiction of life. Love this movie, we need much more of this in today's world. Thanks to all the creators

• Dec 13, 2017

I saw this at its Chicago premier at the film festival and it is astounding. The actors are working at a level you don't see very often, it reminds me of the best of Bergman, except funny and incredibly real. The fight scenes are hard to watch because they don't sugarcoat the way we can go for the jugular with our loved ones, but the honesty and love that infuse this movie is a rare rare thing.