Rogue River - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rogue River Reviews

½ February 27, 2015
A workable horror, but why the girl is being terrorised is never really explained.
July 5, 2014
this film held promise and i was rating it highly, until the wedding scene. then it seriously went downhill.
½ May 25, 2014
it's an okay movie to watch if there's nothing else, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to friends...
½ August 18, 2013
Don't make my mistake by wasting time on this dumpster movie...
May 23, 2013
Poor is almost Every way
January 6, 2013
Pretty good movie. Good Thriller/Chiller movie for a rainy day. A little twisted, but good!
½ January 6, 2013
Another grisly tale of an innocent young female taking hospice in a seemingly ordinary household, only for them to turn out to be a demented older couple, who will stop at nothing in order to get the baby they crave. Appearing at first to be a regular wedded partnership, our villains are actually a brother and sister (with somewhat incestuous tendencies), the sister being riddled with cancer, and the brother having had his bits and pieces lost during the war. As a result, he is unable to supply the weaponry required to conceive with any poor relentless victim that pay pass by, so instead the couple must capture and torment both male and female parts of the jigsaw in order to reproduce their child. What a coincidence therefore that the suitor they pick for our female lead, coincidentally turns out to be her brother (as if there wasn't enough references to incest already). We then watch the ongoing struggle as the tormentors drug and bully the young siblings into sexual intercourse, whilst they in the meantime will naturally stop at nothing in an attempt to free themselves. It has some scenes of a shocking nature gore wise but the gross element is in essence brought upon us by the incestuous backbone to the whole story and the sick depravity of the attacking duo. It's a very convincing performance from them, which makes one ponder how easy it could be to allow oneself into such danger in real life situations, but thankfully I don't know too many broody inbreds living nearby! I've seen similar story lines in other American horrors which have tended to be more entertaining through their use of redneck hillbillies, but even so, this version adds a somewhat greater realism to an otherwise sickening concept. Nothing original about this on the whole but on the other hand, it's far too short to have chance to get bored anyway.
½ December 7, 2012
Rogue River features a rather stereotypical plot: a stranded young woman is offered help by a couple that end up being psychos. But Rogue River manages to truly deliver on the psycho, and it does so in a relatively stylish manner. Twisted, crazy, and competently shot, Rogue River features the always awesome Bill Moseley as the lead psycho.
½ October 28, 2012
I'm not even sure if it's even worth half a star. Can't believe I wasted 1 hour and 20mins of my life on it! Actually, I can't believe I even finished it. Not scary, not suspenseful, not torturous, not thrilling, nor horrifying... it lacked in every corner of this movie, the soundtrack, the acting. It had a fairly reasonable storyline but the story wasn't told enough to know why and what for.
October 15, 2012
Mara (Michelle Page) is traveling to the famous Rogue River in Oregon to scatter the ashes of her father, when her car goes missing. Jon (Bill Moseley), a local man, helps her out by bringing her to his home to be away from the elements, and he and Lea (Lucinda Jenney) seem like the perfect friendly couple - until they become unhinged and take Mara prisoner, torturing her and forcing her to commit the most horrendous things. Now Mara has to fight for survival and find a way to escape her captors.

This isn't anything new, not a lot of fresh tracks have been made in the horror genre with this film. Sure there were some cringe-worthy scenes, but overall it was just alright. The acting was actually superb in the way of how most horror films of this quality have been done, and it was produced by Zachery Ty Bryan (of "Home Improvement" fame).
½ October 10, 2012
Awesomly disturbing.
September 19, 2012
so i don't really know what to think about this film. basically from the very beginning to just the end, it's the same as every crazy/torture/last house on the left type film, but i will admit that i kind of semi liked the ending. it was way twisted and incredibly sick (haha, what kind of a person does that make me sound like, huh?) there's lots of mixed reviews for this movie -- it seems like a lot of people hated it and had a lot to say to critique it, but there are those who appreciated what the film was trying to accomplish... and i think it did just that. so you'll just have to watch it for yourself. it's kind of disturbing, though, not gonna lie.
September 16, 2012
Surprisingly holds your attention.. Not bad for a B-rated flick. Nothing I'd watch again though.
August 27, 2012
Stupid people in horror movies. You see a broken window to escape out of? Let's search the basement for something. Ugh, I hate stupid people in horror movies.
August 14, 2012
For a B-Film this was pretty good for these kinds of sick and twisted movies.
½ July 24, 2012
This was...surprisingly very good. I picked it up at my local video store next to a lot of other B-films, and this one was awesome! The acting was excellent and the torture made the movie much more frightening. Very good B-horror flick.
½ July 24, 2012
Std pycho movie. Friendly man picks up girl who's car has been towed (by him of course), and takes her back to his house where he and his psycho sister kill a bunch of ppl who are trying to save her, or have had the misfortune of crossing their path. Standard.
July 20, 2012
So-so Bill Moseley starring horror.
½ July 5, 2012
Pretty decent B movie. Interesting characters and a few odd twists keep this gory thriller intriguing. Dont let Netflix trick you though Everclears' Art Alekaxis is not in this movie
June 20, 2012
Shit...simple as that. Yawn!