Rohtenburg (Grimm Love) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rohtenburg (Grimm Love) Reviews

½ October 22, 2016
el papel de Keri Russell en esta película es innecesario.
½ June 19, 2014
I found unnecessary the roll of Keri Russell in the movie.
December 4, 2013
Makes for difficult viewing. The wrap around plot is a waste of screen time and the childhood flashbacks are poorly done and detract from the power of the piece.
October 20, 2013
This is a very disturbing depiction of a very disturbing true event.
½ October 17, 2013
I've been watching horror films for most of my 5+ decades, but found this one very hard to stomach. Probably one of the most disturbing films that I've ever seen!
½ February 12, 2013
The movie should have been done without the graduate student in it.
January 27, 2013
This is without a doubt one of the most disturbing films I have ever seen. It is not horrifying in the supernatural sense, but horrifying in that it reveals some of the dark forces behind the human psyche. The last 30 minutes were extremely difficult to watch. Other than perhaps Salo, I can't remember as many cringeworthy moments. Certainly not a movie for everybody.
½ December 9, 2012
When a Rammstein song is more accurate to the Armin Miewes story than a movie, that's never a good sign.
November 4, 2012
I expected more out of this one.
½ October 28, 2012
Boring and slow, but a very interesting topic anyway. What brings a person to want to eat another person. Moreover, what brings a person to want to be eaten? These are interesting topics that are addressed by research student Katie. She delves into the dark world that Oliver lived in, and sees the kind of damage that a person would need to be to be a part of it. Ultimately though, it was too slow, and lacked an real tension. It felt like a failed documentary.
October 28, 2012
Couldn't get Into it
October 16, 2012
an interesting look into weird fetishes and where one guy took it too far. it is a horror mkvie but covers the more drama and intense build up to the actual event. even though theres little to no gore, a bitbof language but over all it still gives you an uncomfortable feeling that just is unsettling. it woild kf been a bit more effective had it been in german but becasue of Keri Russell they probably made it for english.
August 16, 2012
I found it to be disturbingly fascinating.
½ July 6, 2012
The outline of it is appealing - that's why a lot of people watched it. The trailer captured a lot of the eerie pieces and the flickering film. It made it look like it captured a lot of raw emotion, but it really didn't. The acting was poor (especially from the graduate student), the climax and the important scenes were unorganized and choppy, and the script was kind of unrealistic and didn't stick to the real story. They tried too hard to make it eerie, disturbing, and disgusting, but they veered off from the film's structure and along with it, I couldn't find anything "eerie" or "disturbing" or even "disgusting" in this movie. Also, at the end, they made it look like there would be more to it, but they just ended it right at a scene they thought was powerful, when viewers were hoping for more intensity.
June 6, 2012
Shocking...wow. It's amazing except for Kerri Russell's character who was pointless.
May 23, 2012
Grimm is an understatement.Cannibalism as a Lifestyle? You're all safe, as I am a Vegetarian!!! The fact that there are websites promoting Cannibalism & this lifestyle, is very disturbing. Creepy Movie, True Story, I couldn't turn it off, Morbid Curiosity got the best of me, Curiosity Didn't kill this Cat(Me), but sure made me sick to my stomach at some parts that I can't even bring myself to put in print.This Film is not for the sensitive who can't handle Gross.Very sick, I lost sleep over this one, & had Nightmares too.
April 21, 2012
Dark and gritty. An unashamed look at cannibalism. You almost feel sorry for him. Almost.