Roja - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roja Reviews

November 24, 2012
amazing movie.this film is a masterly crafted poem.celestial music.A.R.Rahman is a true musical alchemist.must watch.
½ November 10, 2012
Ar.Rahman's first movie, his score and songs was excellent .
Still today the songs was likely punched to all heart:):)
Rahman is great:)
½ December 11, 2010
Ar.Rahman's first movie, his score and songs was excellent .
Still today the songs was likely punched to all heart:):)
Rahman is great:)
August 6, 2010
i wanted to watch it because i wanted to see all of mani ratnam's famous films. I don't think i was really into it because the film was shot in the early 90s and it didn't really grab me like Bombay or Dil Se did. Plus, the terrorists were extremely nice which is so stupid!
September 4, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
August 30, 2009
not a bad movie, but the soundtrack makes it amazing.. really a.r rahman's best. althoguh im biased because ive only heard the hindi version, but that's because i need to understand the lyrics. a.r rahmna's composition remains.. rukmini, roja, yeh hasseen vadiyan, choti si aasha.. woah. and not bad as amvoie by itself either.
April 20, 2009
all time favourite!!!!!!
April 5, 2009
Mani Ratnmas first attempt to cater hindi audience goes very well with his excellent masterpiece "Roja". Rahmans music is rope in this movie on which whole story walks with a very balanced position. Pankaj Kapoor has done great work. Madhu is just OK. Locations are damn' good in this movie especially "yeh haseen wadiyaan...."
October 24, 2008
Very, very weak Ratnam. The pacing, normally a strong suit, felt forced, and a lot of the scenes were rather overdone. The first quarter of the film is the strongest; after that the characters feel increasingly flat and the tone degrades. There are hints of his personal style in it, but it's mostly pretty boilerplate. Worth watching if you're a Ratnam fan for completeness and to see his breakout work, but I can't otherwise recommend it.
October 8, 2008
i used to be obsessed with this movie at one point of time. i think it's one of mani rathnam's best and rahman at his best as well!
½ August 31, 2008
Interesting film Very sappy and super patriotic. Sometimes feels like watching a romance novel come to life
August 28, 2008
Dell Computers has horrible customer service. It took me 12 hours of phone-time in order to get them to finally send out a dispatcher to fix my computer.
½ August 24, 2008
This is an interesting insight to Indian culture regarding the Partition. It is pure propaganda, and is fairly bad all in all, but worth the watch on the sociological level. Not one I can recommend on a 'pleasure to watch' level, but one I can recommend on the interest in Indian culture level.
½ July 17, 2008
Ugh, probably the worst Indian film I've ever seen. Roja's a weak character, and the entire movie involves a slow moving script and ridiculous scenes. Don't see it, rent a better Indian film.
½ May 15, 2008
hindi movie at its best- the storyline, the acting , the music- the direction- nothing to criticize. Mani Ratnam, AR Rehman and Arvind all deliver their masterpiece
½ March 30, 2008
Absolute beautiful movie.
March 16, 2008
one of the classics in tamil cinema. mani ratnam at his best.
March 8, 2008
one of the best tamil movie i have ever watched ,just love it
January 28, 2008
Must see movie, wonderful story about Tamil match making and takes a rapid gearshift to Northern end of India in Kashmir. Beautiful love, action, drama, suspense movie. One of my favorite directors work.
December 4, 2007
All time favourite. Mani's very best.