Roll Bounce - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roll Bounce Reviews

½ August 17, 2016
Lil Bow Wow stars in this teen drama about a group of teens growing up circa 1970s who rule the world of roller skating. This film has its moments but it's basic melodrama for the most part.
December 3, 2015
this we'll I guess I was Bow Wow's daughter on rollbouce
½ December 1, 2015
Great little flick, great tunes.
½ September 29, 2015
Brilliant cast that made a good movie.
August 20, 2015
As a trip down the late 70's it's very enjoyable but as a coming of age film it's just average.
August 20, 2015
want let me watch it
½ August 16, 2015
A classic, not in the "great film" sense, but in the "nostalgia comedy" sense.
June 6, 2015
Awesome soundtrack and decent plot and acting, especially by Bow Wow.
May 17, 2015
wish I can skate like that
February 1, 2015
A good-hearted film that's funny, with a nostalgic style of the 70s and nice skating talents shown on the rink and outside the rink, despite having some obvious clichés and difficult moments. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
December 7, 2014
Réalisé par Malcolm D. Lee, Roll Bounce est une excellente comédie coming-of-age sur un groupe d'amis qui passe ses après-midis d'été dans les roller park au son du disco de l'époque. Le film est extrêmement bien rythmé, les scènes de roller sont remarquables et le casting est efficace. Si Bow Wow, Brandon T. Jackson et leurs potes font du bon boulot, ce sont Chi McBride, Mike Epps et Charlie Murphy dont on se souviendra. Même si le scénario suit une formule éculée, il en reste passionnant et possède quelques dialogues bien sentis. Très bon film.
½ August 28, 2014
We need to have a skate off. Me and you. Winner take all.

Xavier Smith lives in a broken home with his father. His mother unfortunately passed away and neither he nor his father has got over it. His only outlet is the local skating rink. When his local skating rink closes, he will have to go to a different roller rink. The new roller rink has rules and people who enforce them. The people who run the new rink may not be too keen to accept Xavier and his friends.

"Pimps got advice, too. Look, stop discriminating on the black man. In the immortal words of my cousin, Rudy Rambo III, from the East Side, there's three types of people in this world: people who make things happen, people who watch things happen, and people who get Pimp Slapped for not having Rudy Rambo's money on time."

Malcolm D. Lee, director of The Best Man; Undercover Brother; Soul Men; Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins; Scary Movie 5; The Best Man Holiday; and the upcoming The Best Man Wedding, delivers Roll Bounce. The storyline for this picture is extremely cliché and felt like a poor man's Drum Line. The acting was also below par and the cast includes Bow Wow, Chi McBride, Meagan Good, Nick Cannon, Mike Epps, Charlie Murphy, and Kellita Smith.

"These are the welfare warriors."

Roll Bounce was a movie I DVR'd when I found it on cable and knew my girlfriend had seen it and I never had. We watched it together...and I felt it was fairly awful. There were some decent bonding scenes between father and son, and I honestly thought Bow Wow did an okay job acting (for him), but the overall premise of the movie was bad and Nick Cannon was useless in this picture. Overall, I recommend skipping this movie.

"Don't start nothing won't be nothing."

Grade: D
½ July 24, 2014
A fun and good natured coming of age comedy.
½ July 1, 2014
One my favorite joints
April 3, 2014
A spunky, 70's throwback roller disco that glides across the rink as smooth & entertaining as it can but falls flat on its butt in the predictably boring final act.
March 17, 2014
I actually enjoyed this movie. I wasn't expecting to like it nearly as much as I did. It's a great family movie for older kids (10+), and it was a fairly accurate look back into 1978.All of the lead actors did great work. Bow Wow should be proud (although it's time to start using his real name I think). And the skating and practice it must have taken to get that down is noteworthy. The only thing that didn't work for me was the skating guy who handed out skates. What's with the Jimi Hendrix look? Would that have been accurate in 1978? Well, a few things regarding the time period may have slipped through. But those are just minor details. Ok movie. I enjoyed it.
January 28, 2014
Good family movie, nicely done!
January 14, 2014
A nicely done film, 70's music and roller skating. Funny, cute and all around good time movie.
November 13, 2013
Good movie!! It is a lot of fun and sweet!! The skate scenes were pretty cool!!
September 20, 2013
one of the most authentic and best movies of all time