Roller Boogie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roller Boogie Reviews

½ September 14, 2016
Bad,Silly and Funny.
½ June 4, 2016
I can't believe that I watched this whole thing... There was a definite lack of montages... also a whole lot of ugly people!
April 29, 2015
love the opening shots of Venice Ca the Venice I fell in love with that no longer exisits.
½ March 26, 2014
Its not the best, but I actually like it. They're worst movies out there that for some reason have better reviews. This movie, is mostly a movie that you just enjoy the dancing and the whole 70s vibe. Its not meant to be the best movie. Its underrated, sure it has its cheesy moments but watchable.
July 29, 2013
Spoiled brat can't get enuff roller skating and Disco music. but she needs to train to win that big championship skate off and she asks local dope to help her out. He falls for her but he's a schmuck so she eventually has to fall in love with him. Could be alot worse, Linda Blair looks pretty hot in skin tight pants!
July 18, 2013
three stars just for the roller skating in such tight & tiny clothes.
July 13, 2013
I'd forgotten there was actually a roller disco craze until this movie, which combined the best of both disco AND roller skating! It's really a 0-star film, but it gets two stars for being such a hilariously awful movie that it's awfulness made it awfully entertaining. The story is about "fine" looking' rich girl Linda Blair wanting the king of the local roller disco to show her how to roller boogie. Once they get past the usual snobs-vs.slobs dilemmas and comedy, things get complicated when the local mob threatens to close down their favorite local roller rink. This is the kind of laughably bad movie that has hilariously bad dialogue ("I need to ask for a favor." "As long as it's not about skating or disco music.") or mob enforcers being chased off by teenagers throwing fruit and vegetables at them, but my favorite laughable moment was after Linda Blair breaks up with the king of the roller disco and he mournfully skates by himself, mooning for Linda and dreaming of being an Olympic figure skater. This film is a must see for lovers of camp. And remember, "socks must be worn at all times."
March 26, 2013
Lol! This movie is really funny. Linda Blair, roller skates, Venice Beach, 1979. Classic!
½ July 21, 2012
This gets an extra half a star just for how hot Linda Blair is in it! Other than that it's a formulaic cheesefest that is fun to watch.
May 27, 2012
This is a old movie that now seems interesting. You should watch this movie if you have never watched it before. It is a good family movie.
½ April 8, 2012
If you like roller skating, this was fun. Old-school skating with disco music and a little love story that ends sadly.
February 9, 2012
Yo that dude could skate
September 10, 2011
O.M.G Thank God someone finally addressed this sub culture on film. Possibly the best bad movie I have ever seen!
March 3, 2011
in 1979 this was an Awesome movie for teens :D
January 6, 2011
I don't know why anyone thought rollerdisco was a sport that could be made successfully into a film. It's okay, but not as good as it thinks it is.
½ December 19, 2010
Words cannot simply describe how awesome this movie is. I've seen bad, some horrid, but then there's Roller Boogie, where, oh my god, just the sheer horridness drips along at every oppurtunity, from the strange out-of-sync soundtrack, to Jim Bray, to the fashions, to Jim Bray, to Linda Blair's bad acting, to Jim fucking Bray. He IS Roller Boogie. Everything you wanted to know what disco and yes, Roller boogie is, you can find right here. I could swear Jon Heder used him as inspiration for Blades of Glory. If you havent seen this, you need to.. NOW!
July 20, 2010
Trevlig film, mycket bättre än Savage Streets.
November 1, 2009
theres a shed load of things to look out 4 in this film:

the lead actor sounds like he's got a peg on his nose and wears a 'HEVEN' tee shirt.

while 'jammer' is being threatened a goon bends a screwdriver !!!
jammer shows his fear by not moveing his face ... and then, not 2 minutes later, he is paraleticly drunk stumbling down the stairs.??

watch out 4 the 'THIS IS MY 15 MINUTES, HERE I GO..' fella spinning around in the background after Blair says to Bobby 'can we talk' [or she says something like that] and Bobby says ' ive just gotta do something' gets up, jumps around in the air and sits back down] ...

WHEN GOONES GET OUT OF THEIR MOTOR [ THEY ARE PACKING HEAT BY THE WAY] ...A GOON EVEN BECKONS THE ROLLER SKATERS AS HE WALKS TOWARDS THEM.
then a lone skaters shouts ...
"GET THE DUDES WITH THE FRUIT!"... and the goons run away?
[....watch out 4 the MELLON hitting the door of the car lol . theres a fucking great 'THUD' as it explodes]

theres loads more, but im 2 lazy to write any more.
½ September 20, 2009
Yes it's dated and corny, but it's such fun and full of energy. A cult classic!