Roller Boogie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roller Boogie Reviews

July 18, 2009
Gotta watch out for those rough, tough rollerskaters
Also, Linda Blair is a complete fucking ho. What is going through the minds of people who cast her, even in quickie fare meant to cash in on the roller disco craze? Wouldn't it be cheaper to cast some bar skank?
It was a good doublle-bill with The Apple, though. Thanks, tcm
July 15, 2009
way back when (early to mid 1980's) i loved Linda Blair. I would watch anything she was in - including this. I thought it was ok if a little gay.....watching this this many years later after not having seen it in probably 20 years i feel pretty much the same way. The only major flaw was that she wasn't naked in it. It's an ok time passer but i'll be honest - it gets a pass mainly because of nostalgic value. Its no "CHAINED HEAT" but hey...what is?!?!
RCCLBC
½ June 17, 2009
Four words: Linda, Blair, Disco, Skates. Need I say more?
Ok here's some more: terribly dated, totally predictable, badly acted. Yet it's kind of like a car crash that you just feel compelled to look at, when you know you should be looking away.
Ultimately good cheesy fun and not much more.
This film is listed among the 100 Most Enjoyably Bad Movies Ever Made in Golden Raspberry Award founder John Wilson's book THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE® MOVIE GUIDE.
½ May 5, 2009
If you like roller skating, this was fun. Old-school skating with disco music and a little love story that ends sadly.
March 29, 2009
Dear god, I hope they never remake this movie! Linda Blair, â??Fuck me Jesus, fuck me,â?? last attempt at stardom after the Exorcist. Utter fail. She attempts to reenact the 'twisty head thing' during the scene with the matched outfits. I give this a 2/10 even though it is by far the worst movie ever made, I would like to highlight that it did have a reckless disregard for what was appropriate. I pity the children that came of age in 1978. This has definite camp potential for the future.
shesdownbytheriver
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
March 10, 2009
This movie was completely a "made-for-fun" movie indicative of the "fun Seventies" rolling right into the "lose yourself-Eighties". The plot sucks, the acting sucks and the clothes are dreadful, but I will watch this movie every single time it comes on television...even though I own the DVD! It's absolutely a guilty pleasure that reminds me of my carefree younger days in the roller rink! Ahhhh, to be 6 years old again! ;-)
½ February 8, 2009
Why roller discos died out is completely beyond me. This is the cinematic equivalent of being punched in the face by the '70s. Not that that's a bad thing.
January 25, 2009
This movie is very cheesy but so good! it's funny, upbeat and even bittersweet. Linda Blair is so pretty in this movie.

classic flick!
January 20, 2009
I've looked for this for so long
½ January 12, 2009
Sooooooooo aaaawwwweeeesssooooooommme!!
January 10, 2009
Rich Beverly Hills teen Terry Barkley (Linda Blair) is a musical genius on her way to Juilliard, but all she really wants to do is win a roller boogie contest at Venice Beach with local hot shot Bobby James (Jim Bray). Come on, people, this isn't meant to be taken seriously. Lots of fun roller skating scenes and catchy disco tunes (there's even one by Cher called "Hell On Wheels!"), plus so-bad-it's-good dialogue. "So what! I'm a musical genius! What a drag, what a bummer!" Just sit back and take a trip back in time to 1979 when things were a lot more innocent and fun.
December 29, 2008
Everyone should see this. Nearly identical plot as Breakin' 2 but more fun I think.
½ December 1, 2008
Aliens will incinerate the Earth if they ever see this movie !!!
½ November 8, 2008
Horrendous film, that has some decent skating, a terrible soundtrack and a script so bare boned that it makes the film "Xanadu" look like a masterpiece. Linda Blair, if given a better script would have been better. Unintentionally funny and full of garbage.
November 2, 2008
ok... i confess, i've been looking for this movie for ages! it came out when i was a kid - i come from maybe the last generation that roller-skated; i saw this when i was 9 and it left a big impression on me. the story is of course ridiculous but in the movie there are some cool skating moves and there's some skatepark footage - this is WAY before "extreme games/sports" existed as a concept! here you see the beginning of the X sports! i remember seeing this with my cousin and then we tried to copy all the tricks and jumping and ramp riding! i also remember having a crush on linda blair after this; years later, about... 1998, i had a chance to meet her and i think i blew her away when i said i loved her in roller boogie - most people remember for the exorcist! she said she had a great time making this movie and it shows i think. great late 70's cheese!
½ November 2, 2008
Campy lunacy. It's exactly what you think it's going to be. With some "so bad, it's good" moments and really fun skating sequences. Now, all that's missing is the MST3K puppets!
November 1, 2008
You will not be able to look away.
October 31, 2008
This is my favourite movie of all time,it reminds me of someone special and the song Summer Love
October 13, 2008
A plot a 4th grader could think up, but the music and roller discoing are pretty cool at times. Parts of the film are absolutely hillarious, but in a laughing at not with someone kind of a way. Fans of bad movies will probably enjoy this.