Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story By Martin Scorsese Reviews

• Dec 30, 2019

Meandering with great footage and music.

Meandering with great footage and music.

• Dec 13, 2019

Not long after I moved from Seattle, I got a special invitation to see this film at a small screening at Tacoma's Grand Cinema. I was baffled and called up a friend of mine who also knew and worked with Stefan Van Dorp, whose footage was integral to the movie's narrative. Apparently word had gotten back to Dylan's camp (and ergo to Van Dorp) about my positive review of his album "Shadows in the Night" for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, which explained the invitation. I found the film quite revelatory about the nuances of Dylan's mythology, and was astonished at some of the heretofore unknown events of the Rolling Thunder Revue that were, quite honestly, unbelievable. I don't want to spoil any of it for you here, but I imagine I might have to address some of it in my liner notes to Dylan's upcoming boxed set, "The Bootleg Series: One Night in Boise, 1972," an as-yet-unheard solo performance of songs that weren't good enough for inclusion on "Self-Portrait."

• Nov 13, 2019

Enjoyed the music and insight into Dylan and this tour. Don't agree with NY Times that's it's the best movie, so far, in 2019.

• Oct 23, 2019

An interesting insight into Bob Dylan's ambitious tour.

An interesting insight into Bob Dylan's ambitious tour.

• Sep 24, 2019

Best film I have seen in 2019

Best film I have seen in 2019

• Sep 08, 2019

Dob Dylan -- Most over-rated musician in modern history. Hasn't done anything of importance since the early 60s. Mumbles his way through this dull, boring and tedious 'musical carnival'. The drugs must have been REALLY good for anyone to believe this was art in any way.

• Aug 12, 2019

Must see. Fabulous. Cinematic quality film from 1975. Best movie in years

Must see. Fabulous. Cinematic quality film from 1975. Best movie in years

• Aug 03, 2019

Mescla magnifica de géneros, espectacular edición y dirección. Scorsese y Bob Dylan es lo unico que se necesita en una buena película.

• Jul 06, 2019

Outstanding documentary of Dylan's most creative period.

Outstanding documentary of Dylan's most creative period.

• Jul 04, 2019

Kept me glued. "Hurricane" timed perfectly. Scorsese deserves all the praise, plue the tour itself. Minimum of attempts to push you in one direction because work speaks for itself.