Romy & Michele: In the Beginning Reviews

• Dec 03, 2017

A very straight-to-television kind of production. The characters are much more exaggerated than the original and in that way is less charming. The jokes are very slapstick. I only finished the movie because 20 minutes through I thought it'd be a waste to not go through with it. Adequate if you're taking a sick-day off work and having nothing else to do!

• Jun 08, 2014

Preety funny and great roles for women.

Preety funny and great roles for women.

• Jan 09, 2013

Only thing semi interesting on t.v. at the moment.

Only thing semi interesting on t.v. at the moment.

• Jun 01, 2012

I didn't even watch all of it. Horrible.

I didn't even watch all of it. Horrible.

• Jan 28, 2012

This is really funny, not as funny as the first Romy & Michele film, but it's a decent enough sequel/prequel. Katherine Heigl is just as funny as she is in all of her other films and Alexandra Breckenridge proved she could do comedy too. The first one will always be my favorite though. The best lines (in no particular order): Romy White: "Why am I the only one who sees how great I am?" Michele Weinberger: "You know what I hate? When cute gay guys flirt with you and they know they can't deliver." Michele Weinberger: "Romy, what's karma?" Romy White: "Oh, it's this Middle Eastern religious thingy that the Indians with the dots believe in." Romy White: "We have got to get to L.A. How much money do we have now?" Michele Weinberger: "Umm, like $68." Romy White: "What? In three more years we saved up eight more dollars?" Michele Weinberger: "We're never gonna get to L.A." Romy White: "If I had know we'd waste so much time, we could have gone to college."

• Jan 09, 2011

I would agree that "Romy and Michele" deserves a franchise. But I didn't realize they made a prequel with Katherine Heigl and Paula Abdul (as herself)! Another "Grease 2" moment.

• Nov 10, 2009

• Aug 30, 2009

This movie is awful. I know these girls are trying to use the Valley Girl accent, but do they have to shreek at such high decibels? I have this on DVR and will only power watch this through the end because I see Katherine Heigl is in it. Nice work, not.

• Aug 30, 2009

I was thrilled to find this movie on the Lifetime Movie network! One of Katherine Heigl's first films (before Grey's Anatomy took off, of course.) This is a prequel to the 1997 hit. I suggest people not take this too seriously if you watch it, their idol IS Paula Abdul after all! A lot of fun, a lot of laughs, and a lot of dumb blonde moments.. I had fun watching it.

• Aug 29, 2009

Lifetime was playing this yesterday and I had it on in the backdrop, but it was so annoying I had to turn it off. Ugh.