Rookie of the Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rookie of the Year Reviews

½ November 23, 2016
Kinda like Major League for kids. It's nothing too special, but that line from the physical therapist, "FUNKY BUTT LOVING!" makes this film salvageable.
September 22, 2016
This a fun Disney movie about a kid who can throw better than a pro.
Gary Busey was decent and Daniel Stern chewed it up and directed.
September 8, 2016
It's a fun film with decent acting all around. Not amazing, not terrible but good. I think it is stupid and makes no sense but it's fun and you won't get bored watching it.
August 27, 2016
I will put aside what I believe makes a good film for nostalgia - this movie added "funky butt lovin" to my lexicon and I'm forever grateful.
August 12, 2016
Rookie of the Year is another one of those films that I know is dumb but enjoyed throughly.
Grade: C+
August 8, 2016
amazing movie, awful app
July 11, 2016
largely enjoyable and harmless, it's a feel good movie without much substance.
June 5, 2016
I remember this movie so will always love it!
May 2, 2016
I loved this movie as a child but watching it as an adult is just wow. brutal! This isn't supposed to be an awesome movie, this was made for younger kids and in that sense, it's pretty good but watching it as a parent Noe, it's agony
January 29, 2016
This is a good baseball movie when Henry falls on the ground and breaks his arm he plays for the Chicago cubs that's impressive. But as Henry was on the team coach Rigma was funny for example he got locked out from going out on the field he was locked in a cage The cage door closed automatically and he was stuck. So that was pretty hilarious. Just watching this movie makes me want to play MLB but I think people will enjoy this movie
December 24, 2015
My second favorite baseball movie only behind sandlot. Yes I'm a massive Cubs fan so I'm kind of biased.
½ August 31, 2015
Very unrealistic in that the Cubs actually appear in the World Series...
August 7, 2015
If it wasn't for The Sandlot that came out 3 months before it, Rookie of the Year could have at some point been the best baseball movie in existence. It's ridiculous in every way, but it never fails to entertain even to this day after countless views. Henry breaks his arm, the tendons heal too tight, and because of this new, quick release he can pitch for the Cubs. Being a lifetime Sox fan who never liked the Cubs I can say this is the one time in the Cubs history where they were better than the Sox.
July 18, 2015
An ultimate childhood fantasy. I loved it then and I love it now. It's an entertaining family comedy. (First viewing - Childhood)
June 5, 2015
My Tomatometer: 100%
May 19, 2015
While not a movie that will win any awards, it has great sentimental value and is a classic kids movie from the 90s. I went through something similar where my arm broke and I could throw better afterwards. I thought it was funny as a kid and it's nostalgic as an adult.
½ April 8, 2015
Baseball movies are usually real good or real bad.....this one falls into the later column.
December 30, 2014
A completely benign family-flick that's far from a home-run, but is hard not to like. Thomas Ian Nicholas, maybe the world's most charming twelve year old, leads a wholly likable cast (though co-star/director Daniel Stern seems to think he's in a different movie), but the film struggles to move past its own tired cliches. The film is at its absolute best when on the baseball diamond, and will surely please anyone who ever dreamed of the big leagues, but chances are you won't come back for more.
December 30, 2014