Rookie of the Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rookie of the Year Reviews

May 2, 2017
A good funny sports movie about Henri who broke his arm and his tendons are a little tight now he plays for the cubs! And that was his dream to play for them. It's a good movie to see
April 27, 2017
Wow great Comedy to watch I love this movie! Now critics gave this movie 39% I say why!!!! Because there is no way this movie should get a low Reading I say it got 70% if you like baseball then see this movie when I watch this movie I feel like I want to play in MLB!!
February 4, 2017
Immensely fun for the younger audience that it's intended for.
½ November 23, 2016
Kinda like Major League for kids. It's nothing too special, but that line from the physical therapist, "FUNKY BUTT LOVING!" makes this film salvageable.
September 22, 2016
This a fun Disney movie about a kid who can throw better than a pro.
Gary Busey was decent and Daniel Stern chewed it up and directed.
September 8, 2016
It's a fun film with decent acting all around. Not amazing, not terrible but good. I think it is stupid and makes no sense but it's fun and you won't get bored watching it.
August 27, 2016
I will put aside what I believe makes a good film for nostalgia - this movie added "funky butt lovin" to my lexicon and I'm forever grateful.
August 12, 2016
Rookie of the Year is another one of those films that I know is dumb but enjoyed throughly.
Grade: C+
August 8, 2016
amazing movie, awful app
July 11, 2016
largely enjoyable and harmless, it's a feel good movie without much substance.
June 5, 2016
I remember this movie so will always love it!
May 2, 2016
I loved this movie as a child but watching it as an adult is just wow. brutal! This isn't supposed to be an awesome movie, this was made for younger kids and in that sense, it's pretty good but watching it as a parent Noe, it's agony
December 24, 2015
My second favorite baseball movie only behind sandlot. Yes I'm a massive Cubs fan so I'm kind of biased.
½ August 31, 2015
Very unrealistic in that the Cubs actually appear in the World Series...
August 7, 2015
If it wasn't for The Sandlot that came out 3 months before it, Rookie of the Year could have at some point been the best baseball movie in existence. It's ridiculous in every way, but it never fails to entertain even to this day after countless views. Henry breaks his arm, the tendons heal too tight, and because of this new, quick release he can pitch for the Cubs. Being a lifetime Sox fan who never liked the Cubs I can say this is the one time in the Cubs history where they were better than the Sox.
July 18, 2015
An ultimate childhood fantasy. I loved it then and I love it now. It's an entertaining family comedy. (First viewing - Childhood)
June 5, 2015
My Tomatometer: 100%
May 19, 2015
While not a movie that will win any awards, it has great sentimental value and is a classic kids movie from the 90s. I went through something similar where my arm broke and I could throw better afterwards. I thought it was funny as a kid and it's nostalgic as an adult.
½ April 8, 2015
Baseball movies are usually real good or real bad.....this one falls into the later column.