Room to Rent (Una cama a cualquier precio) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Room to Rent (Una cama a cualquier precio) Reviews

November 22, 2012
Recorded off of Channel 4 recently - fun simple brit comedy about an Egyptian boy who comes to London to find his fortune - ok to pass the time
November 11, 2011
Fairly poor. It's comedy to the extent that it's unbelievable, and fluffy with it. Plenty of slapstick, gay stereotyping, and flat characters. it's about an Egyptian who writes bad screenplays - I think this is one he wrote earlier. We got to the end and realised that we'd already watched it in the dim and distant past. Never again ...
December 23, 2010
A little known film from UK. A young Said Taghmaoui in the role of a foreigner in London seeking ways to obtain a staying permit (Green Card). It is charming until it reaches to the last scene, where it suddenly decides to shift tone, transforming into a fable similar to ‚Somewhere in Time‚?. It is like the beer in the mug suddenly turned into milk.
½ December 17, 2010
Likeable storyline, although not that strong. It's quirky enough to enjoy without picking holes in the plot.
November 13, 2010
the main character is scriptwriter and Juliette Lewis is perfect actress. in my view, five stars!
½ January 12, 2009
Hypnotic, artistic, and beautiful.
½ January 11, 2009
I was kinda surprised to see Juliette Lewis playing a Marilyn Monroe impersonator in this flick, which I had never heard about it before. But when I saw the plot I was curious to see it. It is a good movie, but damn, Juliette Lewis' acting is so damn BAD, that it hurts to see her everytime she gets on the screen. But overall is a nice movie.
December 23, 2008
I liked this movie, period. Good vibes, funny, quirky, and some reality thrown in. My introduction to Said Taghmaoui, and I have no complaints whatsoever. Probably a good date movie.
½ August 2, 2008
pretty much the only love story ever that is actually worth seeing, very great =]
½ August 2, 2008
like the only love story worth seeing ever
April 6, 2008
The lead is sometimes annoying but it's still a refreshing collection of colourful characters and a sideway glance at the hardship for people seeking a visa.