Room for One More Reviews

• Feb 23, 2019

One of the sweetest, happiest movies I've ever seen! Cary Grant and Betsy Drake play the perfect parents who decide to adopt two grown children, even though they already have three of their own. Everyone in this family has to adapt to the new dynamic and learn to love one another. Sticky sweet and sentimental at times, so much so that it may make you cry (in a good way).

• Nov 28, 2015

Cute and feel good family film about taking in orphans and helping even those who have been the worst off. There was a plug for Eagle Scouts to boot.

• Dec 25, 2014

I knew this was gonna make me cry!!!!

I knew this was gonna make me cry!!!!

• Jul 17, 2014

I was not familiar with this Cary Grant film, but it's a quite charming, if not overly sentimental bit of fluff. Grant and wife Betsy Drake are a kindhearted couple who can't resist taking in troubled orphans and stray animals. The set-up is enough to make you puke, but it's Cary Grant, so he film is immune from my cynicism and impossible to dislike. It's a complete sap-fest, but if you're a Cary Grant fan, you'll probably enjoy this. One interesting note of trivia, during the Pledge of Allegiance scene, the words "under God" are missing because the words were not added to the Pledge of Allegiance until 1954 and this film was release in 1952.

• Jun 12, 2014

it actually a really really good family movie, i love how they talk to their kids :)

• Jun 02, 2014

My favorite Cary Grant movie!

My favorite Cary Grant movie!

• Dec 03, 2012

Complete and total schmaltz to be sure, but I was sucked in by the sweetness of the kids and the adorable chemistry between Cary Grant and Betsy Drake. I love discovering movies like this on TCM - it makes for a nice vacation from the cynicism of most of the films that get made today (yes, I know I sound old).

• Nov 22, 2012

so so later gary grant

so so later gary grant

• Jul 29, 2012

a sweet and charming film, but i've come to expect more from it's stars.

a sweet and charming film, but i've come to expect more from it's stars.

• Jan 02, 2012

Room for One More is a touching film. It is about an American family with three children of their own who adopt 2 more children. Cary Grant and Betsy Drake give remarkable performance. The screenplay is well written. Norman Taurog did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the comedy and family elements.