Rose Island Reviews

• 5d ago

As a stand alone movie its good, As a story based on a true story its good. The CGI in some scenes can take you out of the movie. but this movie isn't really something to write home about. its a nice movie you can watch to see how this man made his own island. its interesting to watch, even the typical boring government scenes are interesting to see how they affect rose and his island. they really did a good job making us feel for the island like if it was a character itself. its a good watch, recommend using the subtitles though, the dubs are not good.

• Jan 19, 2021

Fresh story of a long-forgotten era of dreams and Don Quijotes: Rimini in the 1960s.

• Jan 14, 2021

Chiaro punto di forza del film è una sceneggiatura brillante che sa dare il giusto umorismo ad ogni singolo personaggio in scena. Forse è un film che non riuscirebbe a funzionare all'estero, per via di una lunga serie di dialoghi che funziona solo per il pubblico italiano (accenti marcati, espressioni non traducibili o scene che riguardano solo il nostro paese), ma si tratta senza dubbio di un'esperienza positiva sotto praticamente tutti gli aspetti.

• Jan 07, 2021

Coulda been a lot cooler than it ended up being . I find it hard to believe he wouldn’t just take the beach permits . His animosity towards his own government seemed to come outta nowhere 2.4. I wish the lead actor had a bit more personality to make him interesting

• Jan 03, 2021

It's already in my list of classical italian movies. Well-written, funny, great story!

• Dec 29, 2020

After first 30 minutes I thought "nice and interesting story" but after another half hour movie come in boring and cliche.

• Dec 28, 2020

The movie's peculiar (and very fictionalized) true story does a lot, and some funny bits also help, but the second part should definitely been squeezed a bit. Overall: not perfect but enjoyable.

• Dec 23, 2020

Entertaining, but not well executed.

Entertaining, but not well executed.

• Dec 18, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters were entertaining, Tom Wlaschiha was very good in keeping interest with his character, His character kept my attention because he had nice comedic timing. Great chemistry between the cast. I love the story.

• Dec 14, 2020

The italian version of 'I love radio rock'. An all-Italian story, but even more, an Emilian story. A well made film, able to excite and make you feel emotions. Although the plot is similar to that of 'I love radio rock' and the events described are not many, it turns out to be a film that can leave you something. Plus, Bologna is an awesome city that I love and being able to see it in all it's glory in this film made me very happy.