Roswell - Season 1 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roswell - Season 1 Reviews

April 13, 2010
This show has me hooked!
½ July 25, 2009
This is a different flow from the typical alien movies or stories.Here we have a half human and half alien form living beings.There isn't much action but how the things go the things happen and how the story is revealed is outstanding.
July 19, 2008
I LOVED ROSWELL . For anyone who likes C.S.I,Smallville,Heroes Or anything Like that I reccomend buying Rowsell seasons 1,2,3 on boxset AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

:fresh:
July 24, 2005
More enjoyable without the annoying commercials that plagued the live version, though I keep expecting to see the Warner Brothers tie-in ads for music CD's. In a lot of ways this series mirrors Buffy the Vampire Slayer. In Buffy vampires are a metaphor for the dangers of adolescence, in Roswell it's aliens. Take that away and we're left with miss-understood youth and an adult world that is both stupid and lacking in understanding. Max and Isobel obviously grew up on the right side of the tracks, Max at 16 having his own Jeep to tool around the countryside. Michael, on the other hand, appears to have grown up on the wrong side of the tracks as Trailer Park Trash. Maria makes pointed comments about his lack of hygiene. Alex is the faithful friend with the 'puppy dog' adoring eyes who allows himself to be used. Kyle is the jock, ex-lover, a brooding enigmatic figure who just happens to be the motherless son of the local sheriff. His father, the sheriff is a conflicted character. Haunted by his past, he is looking for answers; but can't quite decide whether he's out to "get" these aliens or to protect them from outside forces.
½ December 31, 2004
:fresh: Not as mind-blowingly great as Seasons 2 & 3, but it is completely necessary to enjoy seasons 2 & 3, and still shines brightly on its own.
November 11, 2004
Ok, I love roswell it is one of the only shows I bothered to buy a whole season (I really bought season 2 but I saw season 1) I love this show after I got the season on dvd I watched the episodes every night, for three nights, till one in the morning. I used up all my free time. I was hooked now I want to buy the first and third season. The bummer of this story is that the third season dosen't come out till Summer 2005. well going to look it up ta for now. Lots love