Rosy Reviews

• Jan 15, 2019

This movie was not well written. âI like the sound of breaking glassâ? was apparently the quote that caused Nat Wolffâ(TM)s character to recognize his twin soul in Rosy. Itâ(TM)s not a clever quote and just seemed like an odd choice. I would have rather the target selection remain a mystery if that was the best quote they could dream up to ignite an obsession. It was not clear why Rosy is someoneâ(TM)s muse but also feels the need to sell her body to the highest bidder. Is she a struggling actress, or has she arrived? Who knows but also who really cares - I did not find her character interesting or well developed. The acting was rubbish. Rosy seemed like she was in summer camp vs living a nightmare. I was also at no time scared of Nat Wolff. I did find amusement in Nat Wolff killing Tony Shalhoub - he is a friend of the Draper / Wolff family. That scene made me chuckle though I doubt that was the response they were hoping to illicit.

• Aug 02, 2018

I guess it's a thing for new directors to focus on dialoguey/drama generated from the the characters they themselves have met at some party. Kidnapping is a capital crime for a reason and here it is a plot device.

• Jul 25, 2018

Rosy was a great film. I continually thought that I could predict what was going to happen between them, but I was definately wrong! Nat Wolff did a brilliant job portraying his unhinged character. So much so, that I found myself more sympathetic towards the kidnapper than the victim. The soundtrack was lovely as well.