Roughly Speaking - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roughly Speaking Reviews

July 17, 2015
Roughly Speaking is an excellent film. It is about the enterprising Louise Randall who is determined to succeed in a man's world in the 1920's. Rosalind Russell and Jack Carson give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. Michael Curtiz did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the mix of humor and drama. Roughly Speaking is a must see.
October 27, 2014
carson takes the lead for a change
½ February 13, 2010
Excellent casting. Both Rosalind Russell and Jack Carson are ideal in their roles. It's not a predictable film, nicely written. It does waiver between tragedy and comedy a bit abruptly at times but I never lost interest in the film. Good direction and an effective supporting cast.
December 28, 2009
Wow, Jack Carson in a starring role. He should have had more chances. He's excellent here, although he really only appears for the second half of the film. He and Russell have great chemistry. You can tell we're dealing with Hollywood-izing of the story, however. As a biopic based on the life story of Louise Randall Pierson, you know that the hard times are glossed over pretty smoothly. Polio, abandonment by divorce, and multiple bankruptcies are hardly ever this lightly overcome in the "real" world. Still, highly recommended for all you Carson and/or Russell fans.