Ruby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ruby Reviews

December 5, 2015
Young mute daughter starts speaking in the voice of her father, who was murdered 16 years earlier in a mob hit. Several former mobsters at the girl's mom's legitimate drive-in business die in mysterious deaths. A paranormal psychologist tries to piece the phenomena together. Scenes copied from The Exorcist added to the entertainment value.
May 4, 2015
Paranormal activity surrounds a Florida drive-in where a mobster was executed in a nearby swamp and returns for revenge using his now 16 year old daughter as a medium. It seems strange that Ruby hires her boyfriend's killers to help out at the drive-in after they get out of prison. Borrows elements liberally from THE EXORCIST toward the end. United VHS release disappointingly features the tv version with conversational scenes replacing those with violence.
October 10, 2014
atmospheric horror not as generic as the standard for the genre,nice touches throughout loved the scene with ruby being whispered over the speaker system in the empty drive in,Piper Laurie is as Bananas as usual
June 16, 2014
Gosh, my friend Amanda Trett and watched this at the ABC here in Norwich when were 15 because my boyfriend at the time and his ate got the tickets. It was well dark and freaky an we Amanda I had to get the bus in the dark and we were well scared as we then had to go are seperate ways once we got off the bus
½ April 12, 2014
Another quickie knock-off in the bag--It doesn't work!!
September 20, 2013
This was something of a low-rent Exorcist riff that really never gets scary, nor does much beyond some campy melodrama for my tastes. It's fairly forgettable, but if you're just dying to check it out I suppose I'd give it a *slight* rental recommend...

Rental?
½ July 13, 2011
Classic horror methods are applied well by Harrington here, despite the low-budget poltergeist effects via micro-filament looking highly ridiculous at times. The "Hysterical Arch" during the main possession sequence was enjoyable to see in the context of The Exorcist's cut scene, as is Piper Laurie vamping it up as an ex-moll. It's not as inspired as much of Harrington, more than a bit workmanlike & not as packed with classic Hollywood actors in the support area as usual - not to mention the tacked-on ending. Still worth seeing, as is much of his television work.