Ruckus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ruckus Reviews

½ October 27, 2012
A VietNam vet drifter refuses to answer a question and is shown some southern hospitality as the target of a town posse. A premise First Blood would tweak and perfect a couple of years later without the unnecessary slapstick routines seen here.
December 15, 2011
Disenfranchised Vietnam vet runs afoul of local yahoos and law enforcement in smalltown Alabama. A theme that would later be perfected in FIRST BLOOD. Most memorable is unintentionally funny off-road biking bonding montage between Benedict and Blair.
½ November 29, 2009
Incredibly cheesy, the best way I can describe it is as a cross between First Blood and The Dukes of Hazzard. The plot closely echoes that of First Blood (unhinged Vietnam vet comes to a small town and pisses off the local yokels and ends up fighting a one-man war against them), and it even predates that movie, but that's where the similarities end. There's a lot of cars and trucks exploding, a lot of dynamite, jumping out of windows, etc., but no one gets seriously hurt, so in that respect it's like The Dukes. LOT of jaw harp on the soundtrack (boing, bowng, boing). There are also a lot of great veteran character actors who turn up, like Richard Farnsworth, Ben Johnson, and Matt Clark, who steals the show as the cowardly, dimwitted Cece. A classic slice of low-budget 80's action/comedy/rednexploitation cheese, and I find it impossible not to like it.
½ March 11, 2009
½ June 14, 2008
Excellent movie for anyone connected to a vet from any war. Dirk was unforgetable in this role.
January 9, 2008
Sounds really baaaad but it has Cirk AND Linda in it.
January 4, 2008
Hilarous action movie with action and laughter. Dirk Benedict and Linda Blair click.
December 14, 2007
Before there was First Blood, there was Ruckus! How can you go wrong with Dirk Benedict and Linda Blair?
½ November 18, 2007
I used to love this movie, but its been many years since I seen it now, In the start I thought it was a good, non violent, "remake" of Rambo, but then I realized it was made before Rambo, thus making Rambo a violent "remake" of this movie.
November 7, 2007
Linda, Linda, Linda.... :D Thanks for adding it!
½ July 5, 2006
[b]Ruckus[/b] (7/10) is just [i]First Blood[/i] (Sylvester Stallone) meets [i]The Dukes of Hazzard[/i] (80s TV show). Throw in a pudgey, but cute, Linda Blair and "Starbuck" himself Dirk Benedict in an odd redneck love affair (involves riding dirt bikes around in the woods, Linda laying out some of her dead husband's clothes so Dirk will get the hint to take a bath, and stuff like that). This was the first film I watched when my family got cable TV. *tear* Memories.... From 1981.

My love for the film [b]Pearl Harbor [/b](9/10)makes me a sort of rebel on RT. Cool... From 2001.

[b]Squirm [/b](10/10) is a great time on it's own, but this [b]Mystery Science Theater 3000[/b] version is much funnier. It start with the short "A Case of Spring Fever" with the cartoon spring named "Coily". Ewwww! :p The feature is the famous killer worm movie made in Georgia my home state. Yeah, we're proud. :p I recommend fans of this episode seek out the unMySTied version available on DVD. It's fun seeing what they had to remove for the show. Great film! Very unique. Bad? Yeah...but a good kind of bad. From 1976.

Finally, the Oscar-winning (for best song: Charlie Rich, The [b]Benji[/b] Theme, "I Feel Love All Around") family favorite [b]Benji [/b](8/10). My family saw this in the theater in 1974. Yeah, the dog pretty much out-acts the whole cast. He's amazing! There's a scene with another dog getting kicked, then a closeup of Benji and I swear they got that dog to show the appropriate expression on his face. And that scene near the end with Benji running home in extreme slow motion with all those flashes of memories is really well done for a kid flick. Anyway, this is a great film for the whole family complete with cute dogs and kids, and a simple story that most younguns won't have trouble following. Btw, my dog Scooter watched quite of bit of it with me. I think she has the hots for Benji.