Rudy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rudy Reviews

August 15, 2015
Strikes inspiration into those who dream big. That they should reach for the stars no matter what people tell them. If Rudy can live his dream, other people can as well.
July 7, 2015
A feel good story of a David and Goliath. Based on a true story of a boy who just wanted a chance to play for the Notre Dame football team, and the struggles and hard work leading up to the feel good ending.
July 5, 2015
Based on a true story, it is definitely that of a tearjerker, leaving you feeling as if you can accomplish anything. A feel-good film that you will always want to watch if you need a pick-me-up. Also has possibly some of the greatest movie music of all time; highly underrated.
June 21, 2015
Rudy is a baseball flick that does not give you anything interesting and just gives you a plot about a guy who wants to play baseball in and for a different place. It is very boring, and is not for kids. Not because it's inappropriate (there is some language) but because it is dull and kids won't find it interesting.
May 17, 2015
Sean Astin plays a great role in Rudy. Well acted, without a strong cast Rudy still succeeds. The story is believable and amusing. Rudy is a great sports flick that is inspires many.
April 21, 2015
Cheesy and predictable, the movie was still captivating and made you root for the main character.
April 8, 2015
Sentimental,melodramatic horse $hit.
½ March 23, 2015
only partially based on a true story
½ March 22, 2015
I love movies like this kind/obe
February 18, 2015
The most inspiring story ever told.
½ February 9, 2015
It was well acted and it was an uplifting movie, but it was insanely predictable, cheesy, and had a lot less to do with sports than I expected. It was a classic to some people, but to me it was overrated and outdated. Still a watchable film, but not as good as expected.
February 8, 2015
One of the best underdog stories ever.
January 16, 2015
Rudy is a good sports drama, though it isn't without its flaws. Sean Astin is great, and the rest of the cast is pretty good. The story is simple yet effective, it makes you feel for the character. Some of the writing needed improvement, it was a bit cheesy at times. Its exactly what you'd expect, a fairly predictable yet enjoyable and well made movie about the underdog. Its well made, but doesn't do anything new for the genre or to make you remember it that well. Rudy is still a good movie though, despite being a bit derivative. Rudy gets 3/5 stars (B-).
January 4, 2015
Best football movie...EVER!!!
½ December 14, 2014
this movie is really good i know its about notre dame thats my favorite football team this movie is really cool
November 15, 2014
An uplifting sports story. The film itself is a little over sentimental for my taste, but it was overall a very good movie.
November 3, 2014
Rudy is quite simply the best sports film there can be, its that good. Everything from the fantastic performance from Sean Astin, the well-written script, perfect score, emotional tone, beautiful direction, and its great focus on football is nothing short of perfection. Its a simple premise, a young man wants to go to the university of his dreams and play for one of the best teams in college football. Its this idea that drives the film, making us believe that no matter what people expect of you or what they wish you to believe, you need to follow that dream. Its a theme we have seen a hundred times, but Rudy is something special. Its a drama for the ages, but at its heart, its a sports film that has no equal.
October 18, 2014
Best sports movie I've ever seen. Rudy is an inspiration for everyone chasing their football dreams.
½ September 18, 2014
What I think I like best about this film is that it really wasn't a sports film. It wasn't really about a team coming together to win a championship, it wasn't about overcoming differences to win the game. In fact, it wasn't even about winning.
It was about determination. It was about never giving up. It was about inspiring others to believe in your dream until all the naysayers finally gave in and cheered your name as you got on the field and made one play. Not a play to win. Not a play that turned the tide. Just a single play after years of struggle to attain a dream.
September 6, 2014
Awesome movie with a great message.