Rufus Reviews

• Feb 17, 2020

Good soundtrack! I might be the only person alive who's desperately enamored with this movie. Basically theres a bunch of emotionally fucked up people that help each other out, and one is a quirky (somehow young) vampire. I think the main reason I'm enamored with this film is that most vampires are omniscient and omnipresent gods with no self awareness. It seems Rufus's brain is about as mature as his body and hes the first to admit he doesn't have any answers. Anyways, this movie is for teens. Why else would he be getting naked the first time he meets a girl, but hormones. Still manages to feel innocent. He also finds genuine love and support, an actual family(some might hate how ready made they are, but I felt like they had a rufus sized hole in their hearts, separate from the one left by their son. I think he fit in without actually trying to take the place of a kid they lost) The acting is good all round and though the villain and plot have happened before it was still worth a watch. And DAMNIT, how many times have you cheered for the vampire and he actually one? I left this movie feeling hopeful. I enjoyed it very much.

• Dec 16, 2019

Rating: 6/10. 68/100.

Rating: 6/10. 68/100.

• Sep 15, 2019

Sweet little story about a sad vampire who just wants to be loved with a fantastic soundtrack.

• Nov 25, 2017

I don't understand why this film is so poorly rated. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It speaks the truth about the ills of the criminal justice system. It is also entertaining at the same time. Perhaps people think that the views expressed in the film are hyperbole. They are not.

• Oct 15, 2017

Great film would of loved to see it on big screen, not just on TV Great twist on vampire films of the past.

• Apr 19, 2015

I watched this movie and it was titled HUNTED. It is nice to see a good GAY vampire movie that is done well. I am a fan of the VAMPIRE flick and I enjoyed it. Rufus is able to use his vampire super power to sexually attract male or females to himself but it seems he is really GAY as he is NOT interested in the girl sexually at all but wants to be her friend. Rufus real attraction is the male football player which goes south thanks to the Vampire Hunter! The end is nice though and a great haircut. What a change in his look from the first!

• Mar 15, 2015

Low budget Canadian vampire flick, kinda, it is bad.

Low budget Canadian vampire flick, kinda, it is bad.

• Mar 06, 2015

Rory J. Saper's performance as Rufus makes for a compelling story about the inner-turmoil of a vampire. Unfortunately, just about everything else in the movie knocks it back down to mediocrity.

• Sep 07, 2014

the acting was amazing by most cast members. a must see Canadian(ish) film. I need to see it again.

• Sep 02, 2014

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 (2012) Rufus DRAMA/ HORROR At the opening, an elderly lady kills herself by walking on front of a fast moving truck while teenage boy Rufus looks on standing and then waiting on a deserted highway. Because both viewers as well as the main characters are oblivious about Rufus's past history, he's then taken in by a sheriff, Hugh Wade (David James Elliot)and his wife, Jennifer (Kelly Rowan) of a small town called Conrad. Coincidently, both Hugh and Jennifer had just lost their own son who's about the same age as Rufus. Rufus even makes friends with the girl, Tracey (Merritt Patterson) that lives across the street of him. We get to know more about Rufus as well as the other characters as the movie processes. Written and directed by Dave Schultz was obviously inspired by the popular Swedish film from 2008, called "Let The Right One In" except that this movie kind of drags on like it's forever. 2 out of 4 stars