Woo sue (Run and Kill) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Woo sue (Run and Kill) Reviews

½ January 15, 2009
I really liked. nothing much else i can say..
½ November 6, 2008
Pretty standard fare for a HK cat III film but does have some memorable scenes.
April 13, 2008
one of the most disturbing films, EVER
March 21, 2008
A classic, another nihilist ultraviolent Cat 3 with Simon Yam, who is terrifiying!
Warning- some very unpleasant things happen in this films
½ March 6, 2008
A sordid little film. That's to be expected of this type of flick, but it takes an interesting concept and first 20-30 minutes and then completely blows it.

The concept is that a man discovers that his wife is cheating on him. He goes out and gets very drunk. Someone approaches him to hire some thugs to beat his wife; things go awry and they are mistakenly hired to kill his wife. He wakes up with a hangover and no recollection of the deal. Pretty soon he's having one of the worst days ever.

A neat little setup, tossed out the window in the last two-thirds of the movie by a poor script.

I enjoy trash films now and then, but this one just didn't work for me. Simon Yam running around asking people "Where is the person you captured?!" and then stabbing them in the throat before they could answer is just one example of the things that annoyed me.

Things I learned from this film:

* It's a bad idea to stab people in the throat or garrote them before they answer your questions
* AK-47s have hundreds of rounds of ammo. .45s have scores of rounds. Ok, so the film was made in the early '90's... still, it gets ridiculous.
* When running around with a charred corpse, be careful not to knock its head off on a wall for no apparent reason
* Don't hire psychotic murderers and then expect them to act professional and businesslike

Recommended only to people seeking extreme Asian cinema, and even then only if you've exhausted better options (of which there are many). +1 star for the concept.
February 9, 2008
Une merde hilarante et abjecte.
January 26, 2008
En ole oikein koskaan päässyt sisälle tähän genreen. Ajoittain viihdyttävää väkivaltaa, mutta yletön kohkaus ja huutaminen rasittavat.
½ December 15, 2007
WOW! Run & Kill is a mind melt of a flick. This Hong Kong CAT:3 flick sees Kent Cheng 'accidentally' hiring a hit squad to kill his two-timing wife & her lover. This done, the gang want paying... from here the plot involves loads of characters (including ever reliable Simon Yam) & some cringe worthy scenes; including 'little girl incineration' & 'bamboo knee cap torture fun'! gory, but great fun.
December 11, 2007
Another cool CATIII flick by Billy Tang. Beginning and ending are entertaining, but the middle slows a little bit. Good stuff.
½ December 11, 2007
A man who finds his wife cheeting on him ends up mistakenly asking a hitman to kill her after getting drunk at a bar one night. He then becomes embroiled in an emotional/political affair between the hitman and his brother, trying to kill them whilst defending himself and his daughter.

Average and uninteresting film from Billy Tang which is certainly not up to the standard of his earlier works. Starts off well but lags horribly round the midsection and never picks itself up, in spite of the attempts at a shock ending.
½ December 5, 2007
Big fan of Simon Yam and trying to catch some of his earlier performances. So when I saw he was in this category III film thought I'd give it a try. But didn't think the script was that good. He didn't even have that much dialog for a main character. Not even sure if I should give Dr. Lamb a try...