Run Lola Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Run Lola Run Reviews

December 5, 2015
Terrific fun - from the opening credits itself it is clear that this is a hugely inventive film, and it continues to be so till the end without being boring for so much as an instant.
December 4, 2015
Run Lola Run truly is an authentic movie. It has absolutely amazing storytelling which is so creative and unique, it wonderfully executes a simple premise with an original approach, but it is the best in its directing, acting and especially editing as it is so beautifully fast paced and just riveting and always fascinating to follow. It has its flaws mainly in its character development which should have been better, the emotional resonance which should have been bigger and the score which is annoying, but it is above all an authentic take on the thriller genre with a style to spare and it is one of the most unique movies of the nineties.
November 20, 2015
The perfect indie action thriller for the frenzied ADHD Generation.
Kaleidoscopic visuals punch you in the eyes, and the percolating story wraps around and spins you into a tizzy by keeping you guessing "what happens next?"
A rollercoaster ride for the mind with each twist and turn, full of creative shocks, all in under 90 minutes.
Watch it - be in Awe..
5 enthralling jaw-drops of 5
½ November 10, 2015
Love this movie. The pace of this film can't even be classified as being 'hyper-realistic.' Tom Tykwer is the director and he presents quite a few interesting ideas throughout the film. The 'fast-forward-still-frame-timeline,' (For those who have seen the film) is a very unique take on the ol' 'Butterfly Effect' theory. This film has a relatively light feel to it, though the subject matter is of a more serious nature. It will never lose your attention provided you don't mind subtitles.
½ October 16, 2015
Lola runs fast throughout the movie, leaving behind her enough concentration of adrenaline to make you realize what a good thriller looks like!
October 3, 2015
An hour long film that is so thrilling to watch you won't feel its relatively short length. You just can't possibly feel bored while watching it.
September 23, 2015
10/10 !!!!!!!!!!! ??????????????
September 3, 2015
9/3/2015: Considering the high marks this film had, I was very disappointed. The same story told with three endings based on the possible choices the main character had. The best thing was the fact that it was a reasonably short film.
August 31, 2015
A film of nonstop motion and visual invention.
½ August 29, 2015
A Philosophical Treatise on How You're Living A Lie

As John Locke once said, "The only fence against the world is a thorough knowledge of it." I am here to provide you with another post in your fence. Up to this point your whole life has been a lie. Mull over that a little bit. Up until you decided to read this work you were completely unaware that everything you had done until now had been fake and a perfidy. You are now free, and I feel not the least embarrassed to say "You're Welcome!" And no, this is not some Fight Club-esque bullshit this is the real, unadulterated truth, the kind that can be mainlined and lived off of for the rest of your life.
You see, it all started when I watched Tom Tykwer's seminal 1998 film Run Lola Run for the second time. I had watched it back in my uneducated darkness days when I was still a sheeple muddling through my undergrad days in a daze of frankly embarrassing unintellectual sump. I was so drowned in this troglodytic much that I was blind to the truth that was presented to me. I can only strive to make sure that this does not happen to anyone else.
The second time I viewed Run Lola Run, or should I say The Truth Incarnate, I had cleared enough of the blinding pseudo-reality from my eyes to allow my now enlightened self to be enwrapped by its chrysalis and emerge a full formed Monarch butterfly king, of all it sees and understanding of its reality. I had become aware of the one guiding truth that exists in this universe, Franka Potente's is playing the same character in this as she is in The Bourne Identity. It is only once you realize this for yourself, can you realize exactly what has been holding you back your entire life. It cannot be explained for you must realize it yourself. Needless to say your life will have forever been changed and renewed. Please only respond to me once you have seen the light.
August 23, 2015
Fantastic from start to finish. And back again.
August 14, 2015
Great movie with excellent timing!!!!
July 29, 2015
Run Lola Run is special in that it has avery unconventional way of storytelling. Yes, it has flashbacks, something many movies contain, but it is uniquely done. The movie is made up of three scenes. Each scene playing backwards, which determines different outcomes. In one scene, a character might die or live in the other. For all its worth, this isn't a bad film, but I didn't really enjoy it. Its greatest strength is its editing, action sequences, and style of story telling. However, I found the actual plot to be bland and boring. The dialogue was also weak and tedious.
½ July 16, 2015
Awesome movie. Great action, a really original and weird plot, and a really catchy soundtrack. Go watch it.
July 11, 2015
mix of trainspotting and groundhog day
July 4, 2015
Amazingly structured independent action film that flies along at a dizzying pace with so much potential and so many consequences. Should have seen this one long ago!
June 13, 2015
I love simple films, sometimes the best concepts are so straight forward and relatable that the entire film can become so over powering. I also love art house movies, especially euro cinema, its daring, full on, fresh, exciting. Although Run Lola Run has all of these traits, it suffers the biggest flaw a film could, what was the fuckin point? Lola gets a phone call from her hysterical boyfriend, explaining how a drug exchange for a gang leader, went right close to perfect, until he managed to lose the money, thus leaving Lola 20 minutes in which to make her way to him, hopefully sorting the problem out on route. No i'll try not to spoil it for those of you who have yet to see it but the films main problems are its highly predictable, its visually inconsistant and morally has no idea what it wants to achieve. There are a bunch of small characters who the film feels the need to shoe horn in, just to show how different scenarios could alter their lives, okay, quirky but these characters are of no substance or interest and most of them have very little to do with the outcome of the film. Which is the biggest let down of any film, I've seen in quite some time. At first I was enjoying its quirky, quick cut, mixed approach, its flashy and fast paced, it contextually makes sense, however once Lola actually starts running, it becomes bogged down with far too much needless dialogue and moments that need not exist. There are messages dotted about here and there, about the couples life style and what would they do without each other but nothing every becomes of it, this is mainly down to the way in which the film decides to structure itself. It actually almost had me clapping half an hour in as i thought that the film makers may actually have the balls to completely do something so special new and completely unseen. But they pussy out, leaving you watching the same events, unfold time after time, only marginally different from the time before. It becomes a choir to watch and eventually turns completely stupid, defying all laws of physics and actual chance. The films like a preacher with no heart and soul. luckily the movie has at times a really lovely and polished look to it, the camera work is at times extremely well crafted and with the bouncing score over the top, it gives the film a pulse and a life. Then there are moments when either a completely different camera or grade is used for 1 scene, fine does it add anything? No, meaning that it doesnt asthetically look solid all the way through. I would have much rather had 1 of the first 2 insane options, fleshed out a bit more and dealt with a bit more care than the outcome we get. This film feels highly over rated, hugely dissapointing and hilarious, when it shouldnt be. Despite its major flaws, the film manages to throw enough at the viewer to keep them present and aware for a run time of 1 hour and 20 minutes but by the end you really would have rather it been a short film, tighter, more honed in and wonderfully crafted, than over bloated and flat.
½ June 4, 2015
face paced layered deutchland cake.
½ May 31, 2015
Yay finally a movie that I can label as exciting as a roller coaster ride.
Freaking brilliant! Its a total jam packed movie with an equal amount of substance and style
May 23, 2015
You can't really rate this movie. Different is what it is, but different is good in this case.