Run Ronnie Run! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Run Ronnie Run! Reviews

August 10, 2009
It was sooo stupid, but some parts were funny. lol
January 6, 2007
Admittedly, the version I saw was the work-print, but it didn't impress me enough to actually go out and get the final version.
½ April 13, 2007
Some scenes were just plain gay! Some scenes were just plain dumb. Some scenes..well they need not be explained or disscussed at any point in time..until such as I die or am forced too.
½ February 27, 2009
OMG. My friend thought this movie was brilliant and I wanted to die before I became as dumb as all of these characters.
½ February 28, 2007
I was sad to see this film sucked as hard as many said it had. A funny sketch drained of any humour at feature length. Too bad, I want more Mr Show!
December 20, 2007
Though it's not as good a film as you would want from Bob & David, Run Ronnie Run is still pretty damn funny. Some sketches/jokes from Mr. Show are recycled, but overall I found this white-trash-Forrest-Gump-on-meth adventure well worth the 80 minutes.
½ June 1, 2010
I suppose this is my litmus test for modern comedy; if you fail to understand why this is funny, never attempt to recommend a comedy to me. This is a carry over from the HBO sketch comedy series Mr. Show. I would describe their style of humor as a mix of abrasive, absurd and satirical. For me comedies are generally unimpressive because they tend to be one trick ponies, you laugh at them once and never watch them again. I've seen this movie several times and continued to laugh each time I watched it, but I also understand this kind of comedy isn't for everyone, so it's hard for me to give it a solid recommendation.
½ January 12, 2010
Hands down, the funniest movie of the last decade. For a while I would take this movie with me wherever I went just in case someone hadn't seen it, and I think I improved the lives of many.
June 13, 2009
This move sucks. Reminds me of the Postal movie. Its just one unfunny joke after another, attempting to be politically incorrect and edgy but its nothing new and exciting. movies like this need to stop being made
May 6, 2008
It has its moments, but overall wasn't all that great.

I have never really been a big fan of Mr. Show either, so I'm not surprised that this didn't do much for me.

½ September 19, 2006
More a reno 911/earl sketch comedy ripoff but still pretty funny. Not great but good for some stupid laughs!
April 14, 2007
On of the funniest movies I have seen in a LONG time. Love the random cameos and hilarious music. Just trust me and GO RENT THIS. You will pleasantly surprised.
½ February 4, 2007
i had never heard of this movie until a friend of mine recommended it. its great...frickin hysterical! Lots of star appearances that will suprise you.
½ January 25, 2007
this is so freakin funny! you cant tell by looking at it thats for sure but i didnt think i would laugh so hard!!
½ November 20, 2006
Pretty funny. But seeing how Joe Dirt is one of my favorite movies of all time I would this to be kind of a rip off. Whether it really is or not... who knows. David Cross is pretty funny in this, but I like just about everything else he's done better. There are some really funny bits in it though and ALOT of cameos. Including Tom Kenny (aka voice of Spongebob)
September 13, 2006
I really love David Cross. I think he's one of the funniest comedians ever around, but i think the studios butchered this movie. But it does make fun of reality tv better than anyone else.
June 11, 2006
what can I say? David Cross is a great comedian and funny actor if you liked "Joe Dirt" then this ones for you!!
February 26, 2015
LOL!!!! Way better than Joe Dirt. Funnier and dirtier just as one would expect from David Cross!
September 15, 2014
David Cross and Bob Odenkirk can do better.

As actors, Cross and Odenkirk can easily do better than this movie. However, they also wrote the script for this, so are almost entirely to blame for its lameness.

Very silly movie. For whatever reason, aims to glorify stupid redneck antics. Maybe rednecks were the target audience...

Not all bad. There are some genuine laugh-out-loud moments. Anything that spoofed Hollywood and celebrity, their superficiality and vacuousness, was reasonably well done.

In keeping with this, Bob Odenkirk is the one to watch. David Cross' character is just plain irritating.
May 3, 2013