Running on Empty Dreams - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Running on Empty Dreams Reviews

December 22, 2014
I can safely say this film was by far the worst I've seen. It was seemingly written by a homophobe who knew nothing about what it means to be a lesbian. As with most mainstream gay films, it seems the best solution to a bad marrige is death; assuming redemption is needed by all gay people. The plot was truly insulting to women and to lesbians; and very predictable.

The music was horrendous.

The screenplay was wooden and poorly written.

The acting was bad, yet to be fair maybe this was due to the poorly written screenplay.

The directing was sophomoric, at best.

Save your money. Do not rent,and certainly do not buy this film.

If possible, do not even waste your time watching this film.
October 3, 2012
running on empty dreams
November 2, 2010
worth seeing, it presses on the big issues of sexual tolerance, of the chliches of being a man of the house, the breadwinner and about simple tolerance to each other, no matter the circumstances. It also shows how men really think when confronted with something they don't understand, or can't even contemplate ...
January 3, 2010
i dont really understand the ending. why did she stop taking meds? (the husband is too scary )
½ September 27, 2009
Interesting enough plot but seriously low budget and as a result the acting was mediocre.
June 10, 2009
a bit overcooked and a bit loose in some areas... otherwise a good decent watch
½ June 9, 2009
Okay, so don't take on such dramatic subject matter if you're not willing to get the best performance out of your actors. The actors definitely had potential, but with dialogue like that, no one could save this movie. Then again, why am I judging a movie I clearly only got for lesbian action? Ahh, living vicariously through bad movies is what my life has come to. And damn the main girl for being a screenwriter.
June 4, 2009
Horrible! The movie had a potential but the plot is crazy. Especially with the random girl that comes into the movie and just pops up. Its crazy. And the quality of the movie is cheap. But the picture quality was better than the music soundtrack. Too loud at times. The length of the movie was a little much. OH OH OH and also the random "hero" approach with the husband was too much. I wanted to smack at the acting job with being a couple that is struggling.
May 20, 2009
this movie has i think the worst morning after beginnings ever . "how did you sleep?" "like i had 5 orgasms, no wonder cory wants to fuck you all the time". the movie has potential but the script is horrible at times.