Running on Empty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Running on Empty Reviews

September 10, 2015
another race car pic
½ July 4, 2015
If you've got gasoline in your blood this is the movie for you.
The film is similar to American Graffiti with a burn out at the end. But because it is based in Oz then not many people with have seen it. Me personally, I would recommend it.
½ December 15, 2012
Great movie for "gear-heads" awesome cars, including what has to be the best '57 chevy I've ever seen (my opinion, of course).
½ May 20, 2010
OMG, was told this was a classic but really its not, the car chases are average and the acting is just awful, save your money, don't bother
April 14, 2010
Aunty Jack (Graham Bond) was good as the cop but other than that it was ordinary.
January 24, 2010
I liked this film when I was younger.....But its pretty shithouse by todays standards
October 26, 2008
If you love muscle cars, then you'll definately get a kick out of this movie. The story isn't too bad, not great, but not as bad as a more contemporary street racing movie.
August 4, 2008
A close 2nd to Gone in 60 Seconds!!! ..green is nice..
July 25, 2008
I love this great australian movie and I love the 1957 chev I never get bored watching it
July 3, 2008
Enjoyed it in its day but when I watch it now it is a bit ordinary IMHO.... You need to be a real car nut to enjoy this (as I am). The XY Falcon was unreal to watch and I bought one soon after watching the movie :) .. The 57 Chev was also unreal!!
March 23, 2008
Australian muscle car cult movie, set in the hight of the 80's break out the black jeans and girls it's time for hypercolour. Favorite Line "GREEN, GREEN IS NICE..."
February 26, 2008
Cool Fliick, Thanks Kumpo for telling me about it!!!!
January 27, 2008
all time classic
green green is nice
January 25, 2008
Briliant aussie road movie v8 street racing at its best
½ January 24, 2008
Very bad acting. Very cool cars. Still a must see for revheads like me.
January 17, 2008
Excellent Movie, reminds me of my Youth and DRAG RACING at AUBURN Western Suburbs NSW !!!! Some was Filmed a KEMPS CREEK and I had a Friend that lived there. I love 57 Chevys !!!
January 9, 2008
just can't get enough of this movie the chev is so hot. I want me one
January 9, 2008
great car road movie terry serio and deb conway pull through on another aussie cult classic
½ January 2, 2008
Shit acting! Shit story! but the Best 57 chev driven by a blind man i have ever seen!
December 9, 2007
i wanna see it again good on ya aussie's friggen brilliant