Rurôni Kenshin: Meiji kenkaku roman tan (Rurouni Kenshin) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rurôni Kenshin: Meiji kenkaku roman tan (Rurouni Kenshin) Reviews

June 18, 2016
Kenshin was never one of my favorites even though I enjoy most of what Shounen Jump throws at me, but I think that now that I'm older I can appreciate the themes that come with the franchise more and I can appreciate stories where I can't relate to any of the characters more too. I liked this movie and I'm open to watching the others.
March 3, 2016
I didn't know they had cheese in Japan. Now i do
November 25, 2015
Great adaptation! A must see for sure!
August 27, 2015
This is getting the seal of approval. Anime into live action movie done right,
August 20, 2015
Rurouni Kenshin is a superb and energetic plus fast paced action film that acts as a marvelous and amazing adaptation of the popular Manga series of the same name and it is for those who are big fans of the Samurai X TV show. The story of this film is about a former Battosai killer and expert swordsman name Kenshin Hamura who is trying to find a peaceful life and is avoiding his way of killing people. He later on meets a girl name Kamiya Kaoru who helps him in his journey. But soon a corrupt and rich business man name Takeda Kanryu is planning to create chaos in Japan by selling one of the most dangerous drugs in the world known as Opium. It is now up to Kenshin to save the world but the question is if he will save the world will he ever go back to his ways of killing people or will he try to be different where he doesn't kill people and never to be called the Battosai killer and live his life to the fullest. I really enjoyed this movie, and I remember now everything in my childhood about Samurai X, back in my elementary years probably around Prep of Grade 1 I used to watch Samurai X on TV regularly and I was a bit of a fan of the series back in those years and when I saw the film adaptation of Samurai X I was surprised. Ok I admit I quit watching the series during my later on elementary years and I didn't hear any updates about the film adaptation of Samurai X. When I finally saw the movie thanks to my sister who gave me a tip about the film and she showed me the movie I was pleasantly satisfied with the results. I am really surprised and amazed with this movie because everything in this movie is pure perfect for those who love watching movies that are energetic, fun and very fast and fluid in the action scenes. This is not only for those who saw the Manga series but this is also for hardcore action fans who are looking for something even cooler and better than recent action films. This movie is seriously amazing and there's just so many amazing things about this film. What makes Rurouni Kenshin a great adaptation is that the movie stays true to itself and I was surprised that this film did not insult the TV show or the Manga series because from what I can tell the filmmakers behind this movie understood what are the things that the fans need to meet their expectations and they try to do their best as possible to satisfy fans and of course the creators of the popular Samurai X Manga series and the result is pure awesome. This film has so many highlights and there is not a single issue or flaw in the movie. First of all the movie is fluid and fast in the pacing and there are no dull moments at all. I enjoy the idea that most of the movie is focused first on the character development then later on the movie goes into hardcore energetic action territory and it is amazing for this film. Second of all the movie is full of amazing settings and it gave the movie an overall impressive feeling plus a stunning look as well. Third the casting is just perfect for a Japanese movie. I was surprised with the casting and they really picked actors who can bring the characters to life and the casts seriously made the characters come to life as in 100%, Fourth the film has loads of incredibly well shot sequences and the editing plus soundtrack is exhilarating and it gives the film a unique feeling combined with a stunning look. And last but not least the movie is full of amazing fight scenes that are perhaps memorable and full of energy that is passed 100% even some of the scenes were extremely memorable as well(Lots of super fast and super intense sword fights, an incredible sequence featuring two guys doing hand to hand combat combined with some funny humor, the superb sequence where Kenshin and Sanosuke are fighting, the introduction of Kenshin Hamura and the outstanding finale where Kenshin fights Jin-e) also I love how Kenshin's backstory is explained in a proper way in the film because that sequence wasn't rushed or anything and it ended up giving the movie more sense than ever. While the last thing I like about this movie is not only the crazy violence sequences but also how the film was able to stay true to itself by not changing the language of the movie and instead stays true to its Japanese language at the same time. Now the acting is amazing all of the casts did an impressive job with their performances in this film and each of the casts seriously made their characters come to life and this movie shows proof of that no one did a terrible job and instead everyone did a cool job with their performances in this movie. Overall Rurouni Kenshin is an amazing action film that will satisfy and impress fans of the popular Manga series of the same name. This movie gets a 10/10. I will watch the sequels in the following days and I can't wait to watch it over the next few days.
April 25, 2015
Awesome film I loved it
April 22, 2015
Bloody good samurai flick...
½ April 16, 2015
Exceptional shot composition. The extra drama makes it too long. When there is fighting, it is gorgeous, especially the start. The first in a trilogy.
½ April 4, 2015
One of the better live action manga adaptation I've seen. Some action scenes are a little iffy but overall pretty well done.
½ March 6, 2015
the best comic book adaptation I know
January 29, 2015
As of writing, this is one of the (if not THE) best live action manga/anime adaptation. The cast are spot on, and the movie knows and respects its manga root very beautifully. The action piece and the fight sequence are very artistically choreograph, very true to the manga, which only add another excellent reason to see this if you can. A start of an epic and high valued trilogy, that will blow your mind away.
January 27, 2015
One of the best films ever made. Waiting for the sequel to be released on bluray now!
January 4, 2015
Really good translation from anime to movie!
December 17, 2014
Absolutely fabulous, every anime/manga/world cinema fan needs to see this brilliant movie
½ November 16, 2014
Este es un proyecto con buenas intenciones, pero también con buenos resultados. Aunque muchos elementos clave del trabajo original se han perdido durante la transformación de formato, situación que no podría ser más que lamentable, este live action no deja de ser una película entretenida y con muy buenos aciertos. No está por encima de la serie y tampoco la iguala, pero sí la recomendaría para pasar el rato.
½ October 24, 2014
It's Epic movies! i've watching this Bluray movies 3 times! Takeru Sato is the one best actor for give a role Kenshin Himura!
October 16, 2014
Good action.. Just like the anime....
October 15, 2014
Decent action but weak plot, slow pacing and poor acting from "Nogami Ryotarou".