Rurôni Kenshin: Meiji kenkaku roman tan (Rurouni Kenshin) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rurôni Kenshin: Meiji kenkaku roman tan (Rurouni Kenshin) Reviews

January 27, 2015
One of the best films ever made. Waiting for the sequel to be released on bluray now!
January 4, 2015
Really good translation from anime to movie!
December 17, 2014
Absolutely fabulous, every anime/manga/world cinema fan needs to see this brilliant movie
½ November 16, 2014
Este es un proyecto con buenas intenciones, pero también con buenos resultados. Aunque muchos elementos clave del trabajo original se han perdido durante la transformación de formato, situación que no podría ser más que lamentable, este live action no deja de ser una película entretenida y con muy buenos aciertos. No está por encima de la serie y tampoco la iguala, pero sí la recomendaría para pasar el rato.
½ October 24, 2014
It's Epic movies! i've watching this Bluray movies 3 times! Takeru Sato is the one best actor for give a role Kenshin Himura!
October 16, 2014
Good action.. Just like the anime....
October 15, 2014
Decent action but weak plot, slow pacing and poor acting from "Nogami Ryotarou".
October 10, 2014
Es una Adaptacion fiel al anime. Ver esta pelicula me recordo q tan buena era esta serie de tv.
October 4, 2014
I always like sword fight. Since Jedi stuff, LotR, to Kill Bill rampage. But need to admit that Hollywood are not on par with the thing that Japanese can made. So the best sword fight movie I've watch so far is this one. Need to take account that I have a lot of bias. That I have this Samurai X manga as the bible of all sword fight thing. Since the live adaptation can bring those move on the screen and most of the time made it feel realistic and fun to watch so I will buy the collector edition now.

ps. Oh other aspect is great also, story [first 2 arcs in manga] Scene, music all great., Must watch.
October 2, 2014
This live action film gives justice to its original anime source.
September 21, 2014
Rurouni Kenshin is the live action adaptation of the manga/anime of the same name or Samurai X in Europe. The story is about a legendary assassin(or Man Slayer for the fanboys) called Himura the Battousai, who lead the Meiji Government to a new Era. After the Meiji government took over Japan, The Legendary Battousai disappeared... That is until 10 years later when a mysterious man called Kenshin Himura shows up just when another man who has taken his old persona and a Drug Cartel is in the works selling "Spider Web" Opium.

Now my opinion of the movie it self is this is another anime manga based movie which has taken a completely different turn but still retains the story of the original series which has succeeded to amaze fans new and old but although this movie is great and all, it suffers major flaws.

Pros:
The main actor is played by Takeru SatÅ?.
Covers Ep.1-13.
The Cast is very good.
One Ok Rock does the main song.
It's almost 2 hours.
Awesome Fight scenes done by Takeru.
Soundtrack is very beautiful.
2 more movies already out in Japan

Cons:
the story is messed up, Jinei wasn't the Battousai at any point in the anime and only had 2 episodes.
The Oniwaban Ninjas have no involvement in the movie (hennya is in the movie bit was unnecessary).
Most of the significant characters like Yahiko isn't really in the movie.
SanÅ?sake Sagara doesn't follow the anime story so doesn't explain how he got to who he is now.
Kaoru isn't like the anime and is rather a weaker character in this one.
Hajime SaitÅ? is brought in too early.

Without the flaws, the movie is worth a watch and I give it 4/5 because it doesn't let me do 3 1/2 /5
September 21, 2014
Swordplay spectacle with couple of amazing characters and a baby-faced hero with a X shaped scar on his face that needs some getting used to. =D. Can't wait to see the sequels back to back in a theater tomorrow!
September 18, 2014
Rurouni Kenshin is one of the most faithful, spectacular and incredible adaptations ever made and with a great production, good acting, great direction and excellent visual this movie is one of the best of the japanese cinema.
August 8, 2014
For the most part, it's faithfully shot, scene for scene & line for line. They don't dwell on analysis of fighting stances or special techniques as much as the anime & do cut down a bit on the dialogue, but maybe that's a good thing. My favourite bit was the paused fighting in the pantry while the two opponents take a break to eat & drink ^_^
August 6, 2014
Keishi ?tomo does a fair job in adapting the Japanese manga turned anime of Samurai X, or also known as Rurouni Kenshin, into a live-adaptation film, helped immensively by Takeru Satoh who plays the titular character, boasting a condensed, yet true to its roots story and narrative.

Adapting an anime into a live-action flick was a risky endevour, as several of the characters were meant to display superhuman-esque abilities, but the film delivered in creating a realistic take on the action sequences, though ironically, the film was marred by the odd-casting choices of other supporting characters.
August 3, 2014
?????????????????takeru sato???????????????keishi ohtomo????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
July 29, 2014
Looking forward to the next one!!
½ July 24, 2014
Watching this movie was straight up trippy lol. I've been a fan of the anime for a long time and the idea of a live action version seemed like a terrible idea. It's not a great film by any means but in sticking with the story of the original I liked it enough. It was well filmed and choreographed which never hurts a martial arts film. Basically for fans of the series only. I can't see the majority of people liking this one.
July 17, 2014
Saw this on blu-ray; great cinematography. Himura Kenshin in this film however fails to convince me he was a Hittokiri Battosai. The menace we've seen in the anime version whenever Kenshin was angry just can't be replicated
May 31, 2014
Excellent fight scenes, good photography, slightly let down by a comic book villain.