Rurôni Kenshin: Meiji kenkaku roman tan (Rurouni Kenshin) Reviews

• Sep 18, 2018

I didn't see the anime, but the movie is very well done. I liked the story and overall the movie is presented very clean, with amazing fight scenes. I am glad I saw this film.

• Apr 18, 2018

La adaptación de Rurouni Kenshin no es solo posiblemente la mejor adaptación "live-action" que he podido ver de un manga/anime, sino que además es una vibrante cinta de acción usando el telón de fondo de la época Meiji japonesa y todo un drama sobre la moralidad del uso de las artes marciales como herramientas de violencia para conseguir un fin. Es una película que, de forma algo superficial sí, habla sobre la vida y la muerte: ¿está bien matar si por ello libramos al mundo de alguién malvado o creamos un mundo mejor?. Este tema será aun más profundizado en las siguientes entregas, pero ya en esta primera, se nos deja claro algunas ideas. Si eres fan del manga/anime, o si te gusta el cine japonés de samurais, echad un vistazo a esta gran cinta.

• Feb 08, 2018

This movie proves that with good direction, writing, casting, and action that a manga or anime property can successfully transition into live action. I've been a huge fan of Rurouni Kenshin since I watched the anime on Toonami, and read the manga which is my favorite comic series, and Takeru Sato and Emi Takei bring to life Kenshin and Kaoru much better than even the best US Comic book movie casting. And the story delivers on a plot that works for a 2 hour run time but also honors the early Rurouni Kenshin story.

• Jul 15, 2017

I was a huge fan of the manga but always found them a bit slow, usually when a movie tries to squeeze a decade of comics into a movie it doesn't work, but this is tight and slick. Getting the characters and outfits right is always a good start.

• Jun 29, 2017

blood guts and gore part 1

blood guts and gore part 1

• Jun 28, 2017

Simply a masterpiece for modern movies, effects, action scenes and plot. It's a nice tribute to the anime series.

• May 27, 2017

I have to admit they managed to cram a lot of the Manga into a two hour narrative and give the right kind of drama and campyness.

• Apr 07, 2017

Kenshin was good, sanso not a good choice. Decent fight scenes, up and down pace

• Aug 04, 2016

The fight scenes were superb. My eyes were glued the entire time. I loved how Kenshin increased his fighting speed as the inner warrior in him was released. The soundtrack itself was outstanding and the last track at the end completely fit the ending. The acting was 8/10 overall. I completely enjoyed the movie, 10/10.

• Jul 28, 2016