Russkies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Russkies Reviews

½ August 5, 2014

-No Wimps-

"It's American imperialism that threatens world peace."-Meischa (Whip Hubley)

"It taste like America."-Mischa
August 3, 2013
Cute, enjoyable movie reminiscent of The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming from the 60s and other kids get together to save the day 80s movies such as Goonies, E.T., and Explorers (which featured River Phoenix). Pure, wholesome entertainment with a great message of Glasnost.
September 6, 2012
it was a cute movie. i remember it from when i was a kid :)
August 23, 2011
Funny things about this movie: The title means "Russian Russians" in Russian; Joaquin Phoenix's acting as a child was unbearable to watch; Whip Hubley's attempt at a Russian accent is annoying to have to sit through; and if you blink, you just might miss a few stereotypes.
August 2, 2011
this movie in english - australian.. - ? who has it i want it.
½ March 6, 2011
This has quite an interesting cast (Leaf Phoenix and Peter Billingsley) but the amateur performances don't make this movie work.
February 27, 2011
Totally nostalgic for me. Love this movie. And this has little Joaquin Phoenix in it (back when he called himself Leaf Phoenix). Great drama and comedy.
December 14, 2010
love this movie!! used to watch it over and over again when i was a kid!! xD
July 29, 2010
Cold war nonsense which as a child I found tiresome.
March 17, 2010
I loved this movie when I was a kid. Was one of those adventure movies that any kid would have liked to go on. About a group of kids who live on a American army base. They discover a washed up Russian soldier on the beach. The befriend him and hide him. This of course has international incident written all over it since this was during the cold war. This was a solid film. I still enjoy it. A very young Joaquin Phoenix stars in this. The story is still fun even though the story is kind of dated now. But still worth a watch.
February 8, 2010
It's a good time overall. I especially liked the jetpack scenes and the excessive use of Rube Goldberg devices.
½ August 5, 2009
A really enjoyable film.
½ August 4, 2009
Notable for its anti-cold war message which doesn't really reach out the youthful audience this film is aimed at, it is nonetheless a heart-warming adventure story.
July 31, 2009
January 31, 2009
Another great movie from my childhood ... especially growing up in the house of a Vietnam Vet for a dad :). Yay for war movies for kids! This movie was not made in 2003 btw.
January 27, 2009
This movie actually came out in the late '80s. When I was 10, I thought it was awesome.
June 20, 2008
The release date is wrong-Leaf, before he became Joaquin, is about 13 in this film.
June 20, 2008
Have not seen this one..would like to.
January 28, 2008
Good story, but dang these kids parents didn't teach them not to swear. Wholly Shi nanigans abound. :-)