Rx - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rx Reviews

January 20, 2013
Absolutely insane, in a good way.
January 6, 2013
Flippin awesome, so dynamic. Shows just how fast life can change, and to enjoy it to the most but not to make such stupid mistakes
½ October 30, 2012
Colin Hanks continue to impress but deserves better than this low budget waste.
½ October 14, 2012
other then Lauren German being in this, I probably would have fallen asleep.
June 14, 2012
pretty good movie, kinda sad ending
November 20, 2011
Heartbreaking drama about three friends who decide to go on a road trip to Mexico, when their journey takes a turn for the worst.
½ December 8, 2010
starring Eric Balfour, Colin Hanks & some chick (Lauren German) I never heard of nor really care other than she plays The GF to Eric Balfour?s character Andrew & Colin Hanks? ?Johnny?. Andrew is in need of money so while the trio go to Mexico for a party, before the party Johnny ?helps? Andrew out by taking him to a friend to buy drugs so he can sell them. When on the way home they start paying for what they procured. The opening shot is a beautiful picturesque landscape with them all dancing around. It must be along time since I last saw Colin Hanks His face looks bloated. If it didn?t have his name on the box it might have taken me a bit to figure out it was him. The story a familiar, one being somewhat predictable if not all out, tho The acting was actually good. For those that like the old cars.. There?s a Chevy Corvair Convertible in here. I?d give it a C-
½ July 2, 2010
This one was disappointing. I should have known what it was about just by the title. Eric Balfour does a wonderful job as Andrew, but I don't like seeing my favorite actors in roles like this.
January 9, 2010
A film I really want to see.
½ November 9, 2009
A waste of space on my DVD shelf.
July 21, 2009
An intriguing and interesting film, Rx (or Simple Lies) tells the tale of 3 friends (played by Colin Hanks, Lauren German and Eric Balfour) who take a trip accross the Mexican border to procure prescription drugs to smuggle home.

The performances are all especially strong, particularly Eric Balfour as the humanly flawed protagonist Andrew. All the leads are likeable and relatable, thus the reason why Rx works so very well. Predominantly a drama, Rx also delves into thriller terrain at times, and the result is a confronting and sometimes surprising film.

Aimed towards young people, the only problem with Rx is that at 80 minutes, it doesn't flesh out a lot of the potential story that is could.

Rx is a likeable and thoroughly engaging film, one of the better modren dramas.
June 18, 2009
Crazy movie!!Lovie it!!
½ April 19, 2009
Okay, at best. A simple movie about what can go wrong when you're trying to smuggle drugs across the Mexico/US border.
Alan Tudyk and his gay German partner were the best part.
April 4, 2009
Awesome movie, And I love Eric Balfour!!!
½ March 15, 2009
Never been to mexico & after watching this, probly won't. Drug Dealers deserve to be shot and put in trunks. Ending sucked ass (i felt)
½ January 12, 2009
I thought this was well done, but too depressing and sad. I know that's the point, but after a while the entertainment value deteriorates because it's a little too sad. All of the lead characters were great, but Colin Hanks should've stuck around a little longer... I thought he was excellent in this.
½ October 21, 2008
absolutley crazyness... a little slow in plot.. but crazy events and ending
September 11, 2008
so sad how one decision can turn a lives upside down
½ September 2, 2008
This film needs a prescription for a plot. A very basic story listed as a thriller. The only thrill was in my imagination because I thought these actors (Eric Balfour and Colin Hanks) would be in something that was interesting. The girls in the film were cute. The plot about a young man who lies to his lady and his best friend and gets into deeper and deeper trouble sounds better than the actual viewing experience. Lots of driving scenes, a rave scene, a drug-fueled scene in the desert and some drug dealers in Los Angeles and "supposedly" San Marcos, Mexico. Basically, there was a lot of wasted time on the screen when there should have been some dialogue and some entertainment. It took over half of this film before something that may have been considered a "thrill" took place. I would not recommend this to anyone even if you like these actors.