Ryan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ryan Reviews

June 16, 2014
A true masterpiece. One of my favorite short films of all time. Incredible animation, and tells a very powerful story that seems like it should be turned into a feature film. The story of Ryan Larkin is one that needs to be watched and heard.
June 1, 2013
Incredible animation and a very interesting plot.
November 27, 2012
Interesting animated study of an influential animator of the past.
½ November 13, 2012
VERY cool & visually stunning documentary.
June 4, 2012
no info = no interest
½ September 21, 2011
A short animated film, which is a tribute to animator Ryan Larkin.
½ May 17, 2011
Es bastante original este corto. Es medio deprimente pero es muy interesante esta animaciĆ³n surrealista.
½ February 8, 2011
A short, 14 minute film about the life of Canadian animator Ryan Larkin, done in very unique and effective animation.
½ July 5, 2010
Deprivation shakes up the mind.
May 23, 2010
This is the most fantastic piece of art I've seen recently. It makes me think you really never know who's on the street. They could be fantastic people like Ryan was. I wonder if he was one of the people I saw outside Schwartz's.
March 2, 2010
WON for best animated short
½ February 3, 2010
Stunning and completely novel!
½ January 2, 2010
Magnificent animation. How artists are trapped by themselves while at the same time only husks of their old selves.
November 13, 2009
A moving psychological profile.
September 17, 2009
Ryan is an incredibly powerful animated film, which is presented as part documentary and part animation. The creator, Landreth, does and incredible job not only of creating atmosphere and emotion in the varying animation styles, but in characterizing every person with his distinctive style, whether accompanied by dialogue or not. I highly recommend giving this a watch.
July 23, 2009
Finally got around to seeing this. It won the oscar when I was still attending the school that helped make it. A great piece of work.
February 28, 2009
One of the most unique looking films I have ever seen. It is kind of depressing but it is a really interesting film full of surrealist animation. It was really well done. I want to see if this guy has done any more things since this was released.