Simone Reviews

• Jul 01, 2020

Clever well made and probably the direction we are headed in a few years.

Clever well made and probably the direction we are headed in a few years.

• Feb 13, 2020

In hindsight these days or more virtual actors in movies than ever before

In hindsight these days or more virtual actors in movies than ever before

• Dec 12, 2019

The premise is interesting probably 40 years ahead of time and the twist is good, the movie itself it is not it just doesn't work you can't believe everyone is as dumb

• Oct 21, 2018

Al Pacino was a stellar actor in this film! The plot made valid pints!

Al Pacino was a stellar actor in this film! The plot made valid pints!

• Oct 26, 2017

The story of a simulacrum actress made real by the love of slavish fandom . . .

The story of a simulacrum actress made real by the love of slavish fandom . . .

• Jun 04, 2016

Simone, which revolves around a digitalised star masquerading as a human being, offers an interesting storyline with a strong male lead. Al Pacino displays his elasticity as an actor, with the occasional laugh and the odd dash of drama. Indeed, Simone deserves more praise for the questions it raises about sentient artificial life than the execution of such a thing. The plot is interesting, and follows a failing director in his struggle with a world run by diva actresses in a money and name driven industry. Simone is introduced as the answer to the lamented director's prayers. Simone is an enjoyable ride, and is certainly something different from the standard features in the past decade. Though admittedly not the strongest story arch, the concept is interestingly captivating and certainly worth viewing.

• May 18, 2016

So how many Simones do we embrace in our culture today?!!! This movie surely had a fresh idea (although not very convincing) as to expect from Andrew Niccol but not very well executed as in The Truman Show for example. We surely have many Gods and idols which the media has created for us today to serve as a substitution for God and religion. Niccol surely had a meaty idea here but the comic mood of the movie was rarely effective and destroyed much of what the message was really about. Nice try anyway!

• Nov 16, 2015

Pour son deuxième film, Andrew Niccol n'a pas choisi la facilité avec S1m0ne, une comédie satirique d'anticipation où un réalisateur au fond du trou décide de créer une actrice de toute part grâce à un programme révolutionnaire. Souvent drôle et constamment mordante, cette satire d'Hollywood vaut surtout pour sa première heure (lors de la success story de S1m0ne) et plonge un peu dans sa dernière demi-heure, mais la réalisation d'Andrew Niccol en fait un objet singulier, surtout dans son atmosphère, presque irréelle, proche d'un Full Frontal de Soderbergh. Al Pacino y est excellent, Catherine Keener, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Jay Mohr et bien sûr Rachel Roberts tout autant. S1m0ne est un très bon film passé un peu malheureusement inaperçu.

• Oct 05, 2015

A good surprise, knowing that this was not a too good comedy. Pacino plays well his role in another middle age crisis stupid movie in the tradition of "The Woman in Red" or "10".

• Feb 21, 2015

Don't overdo it, Big Al. I knew this movie would be crap, but I literally had no choice, at Value Village.