V/H/S/2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

V/H/S/2 Reviews

½ October 10, 2017
Compared to the first...much weaker
jamrcla
½ September 27, 2017
So much better than the first, Yet again all the short stories don't connect and the main plot between the tapes was weird and didn't really make sense but the tapes were great, A few good little jumps at times, The stories were pretty fun apart from the last one which felt rushed and cheap, Worth watching even if you hated the first like me.
September 16, 2017
V/H/S/2 isn't that scary, disgusting maybe, and the camera first-person perspective gets tedious if not often nauseating.
August 27, 2017
I suppose spewing buckets of blood and gore may be considered horrific by some, but I don't think that it does. Although the story telling here is somewhat effective, it's just a bit to much blood and gore for my usually pretty liberal tastes.
July 16, 2017
Also very good especially for a sequel.
July 6, 2017
It was way better than the first one, its definitely a worth watching movie.
April 20, 2017
Most of the tapes seem obviously scripted and staged, but it was fun to watch
April 15, 2017
I prefer this movie over the first it has scarier skits, a better assembly of Directors, and just a better feel to it.
½ April 7, 2017
Safe Haven and Slumber Party Alien Abduction were great, both creepy.

A ride in the park was absolutely stupid.

The rest was mediocre.
April 3, 2017
A step up from the original. This one is entertaining from beginning to end.
March 3, 2017
Maybe not as scary but much more evenly paced than the original. The shaky cam is toned down and I genuinely found each shirt to be very effectively done. Some of the special effects are mind boggling good and the blood and gore is turned up to heights that's puts the Evil Dead remake to shame. If you don't choose to watch this film I won't hold it against you, but the Gareth Evans short about the religious cult absolutely stunned me. I loved it and if nothing else check that short out, it's amazing in my opinion
January 27, 2017
Massive disappointment after the creative, original first movie. The first couple of sequences are bizarrely badly made. Japanese cult sequence kicks in- only vaguely interesting story - goes rapidly downhill and leaves you wishing you were watching VHS1. Do not bother.
January 15, 2017
170115: V/H/S/2 improves upon the first film and provides for some pretty decent jumps. I've discovered that watching a film with headphones is the way to go and it's proven true here. Sound is the secret, especially to the exclusion of external ones. This viewing method gave V/H/S/2 some extra pop and put me on edge. There are a lot of weird sounds contained within. However, why does Larry (Lawrence Lavine) not call 911 when he finds Ayesha (Kelsy Abbott) unconscious? That's what normal people would do...
January 15, 2017
3/5. Not as good as the original, but there is one short in particular about an Indonesian cult that makes V/H/S/2 absolutely worth the watch.
January 2, 2017
While it still occasionally suffers from poor acting, annoying camerawork, and awkward storytelling, VHS 2 is nevertheless a massive improvement over its predecessor. This is all thanks to some creative setups and an appropriately creepy atmosphere throughout.

To quickly break down each segment:

Tape 49 (the wraparound) - arguably the weakest portion of the film as it doesn't make a whole lot of sense although its lingering sense of paranoia works in its favor.

Phase I Clinical Trials: A solid ghost story with a sly sense of humor.

A Ride in the Park: More lighthearted than the other segments but with a helping of heavy gore. Great effects, a good sense of humor, and a fast pace make this work.

Safe Haven: My personal favorite (as I have a real life fear of cults) and arguably the best segment. The excellent effects, strong feelings of dread, and genuinely disturbing imagery makes this a cut above the rest.

Slumber Party Alien Abduction: Some poor acting and annoying shaky cam detract from the overall quality. However, the heart-pounding chase scenes and relentless ruthlessness help give it a pass.

Overall, despite its flaws, VHS 2 is a great horror anthology movie that can be played alongside George Romero's original Creepshow.
December 15, 2016
BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL FILM IMO!
December 15, 2016
What is it with found footage movies and 100% totally unlikable characters played by actors who only know how to overact? Aside from a few moments gore that are interesting, this movie will kill brain cells. It's just an ugly, cruel film.
½ December 9, 2016
Felt cheap and cliche, the ending is okay though.
½ November 22, 2016
It is a pleasure to see that this much superior sequel comprises four efficient stories that can be quite scary and make use of their filming technology to their advantage. Still, it is a shame though that the wrap-around story is so awful that it nearly ruins the whole experience.
November 17, 2016
This movie that, after viewing on Netflix came to conclude that V.H.S. 2 was better and more gore then V.H.S. Viral & V.H.S 1. To be honest, if you can handle murder, suicide, and s**t tons of blood.