Sabretooth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sabretooth Reviews

May 31, 2009
The head of the sabertooth changed shape.
½ May 2, 2009
Very enjoyable creature feature from the boys and gals of Sci-Fi Channel. Not seen any other sabre tooth movies therefore this currently ranks as the best of the bunch.
January 20, 2009
Why doesn John Rhys-Davies crap up his career with such movies? This movie is awful. Not scary at all, bad acting all around...just awful.
January 17, 2009
i saw this last night...i was laughing my pants off! sawyer<33333333
½ December 28, 2008
One of the characters points out that this cat has "an attitude problem". I would too if I was terribly animated and had to star in the same movie as Leon. Too bad kitty died, I was rooting for him the whole time especially after he killed Leon. 1 point for Kitty!

Acting was terrible. Like when Leon falls off a cliff, he is supposed to be scared but he is actually -smiling-. Stupid movie.

Kitty can claw through car steel and rip a person apart -very easily- but somehow the huntard survives when the cat attacks him outside the mines when he has no weapon at all? Huntards comment was something like this: "Oh, but kitty was still half drugged, so I won, lolz". No it wasn't, it was walking just fine.

Otherwise predictable with a stupid ending.
½ November 3, 2008
This is one of the better monster movies from the SCiFI channel, but it was ruined by the slowest pace of a movie ever (next to The Void).
At least the Sabretooth was able to kill a lot of people, unlike the other monster movies.
The acting was terrible and the characters were really annoying.
"let's walk into a cave, because this is California, of course nothing is hiding in the dark" - uh!
Basically all the characters do is talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk... there's very little action.
I also thought they didn't do the sabertooth justice (though it did kill), I would have liked to see it ambush people.

****SPOILER WARNING****

In the end, when there's 3 people left of the original group... Why, why, why, why, why do they walk away from the 4th guy WITH THE GUN????????
I wouldn't let him walk 1 meter away from me!
But they run away from him to hide in a cave????????????????
Why not smash his head and steal the gun, at least YOU'D be safe....

The sabretooth seemed to be changing colors every now and then.
In close-ups and near characters, it's grey. But when you see it in the grass, it's suddenly yellow.

The movie deserves 5 stars alone for killing Leon. I mean it. That guy annoyed me so much I wanted to claw my eyes out.
GOOD CAT!
½ October 23, 2008
ha, i saw this when they first played it on sci fi. this is one of those sci-fi channel "everyone except the guy and girl get killed by a savage animal" movies
May 27, 2008
crap, but my kinda crap
May 16, 2008
Love Josh Holloway just cuz hes in lost-same accent haha. But other wise semi ok. and a really poorly animated sabertooth tiger.
½ May 11, 2008
Horrible yet still hilarious
May 11, 2008
Probably the greatest movie featuring a Sabretooth tiger.
Everything is flawless.

James D.R. Hickox deserved the Oscar for this one.

I cannot wait to see what he decides to do next!
April 16, 2008
This definitely ranks amongst Sci-Fi's more enjoyable films. Crappy CGI, GREAT acting, tons of actors from other Sci-Fi originals, and Gimli is in this. Sci-Fi definitely knows it's audience, people who do lots and lots of drugs.
½ April 1, 2008
Talk about bad cinema, here's another "Gem" from the Sci-Fi Original Movie genre. Watch it only if you find yourself needing a good laugh.
½ March 27, 2008
This is legendary. Horrible CGI, dumb dialogue and great overacting. Needed boobs.
March 24, 2008
Most of the acting was forced, the special effects weren't very good and the plot didn't do much for me.
March 23, 2008
hahaha Sci-Fi scored a BIG hit!
March 23, 2008
Saw the ending of this and really don't need to see much more. Josh Holloway has come a long way - such bad acting. Can't say it wasn't entertaining to laugh at though.
March 23, 2008
Everything you want it an animal monster movie, people getting eaten.
½ March 22, 2008
One of the great hilariously bad sci/fi flicks. I recently saw this on the sci/fi channel and I would love to see the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys tear this film apart.
March 22, 2008
I have no idea why i decided to watch this movie. Actually to be turthful i was channel surfing and it looked partially intresting. Untill they actually got into the non exsistent story. This one has it all Terrible plot bad acting by a bunch of pretty faces. A terrible CGI sabertooth and you got a real hoot on your hands.