Safe House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Safe House Reviews

February 14, 2015
I thought this movie was awesome.
½ January 30, 2015
Starting off promising this ends up pretty dull. One extra star for Denzel Washington though. Full review later.
January 27, 2015
OK for a Tuesday night in - kept my attention for sure.
½ January 15, 2015
Washington and Reynolds have some chemistry, but their roles are limited, much like the script often is for special operative movie roles. The action is solid though.
January 3, 2015
A great action pack political espionage movie
½ December 30, 2014
Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds give good performances with a decent script. Great idea for a script that is on the verge of being great. The problem is lack of explanation. The whole time the viewer is confused about what Denzel Washington's character is all about. The dialogue heavy parts are a bit confusing. This film leaves the viewer feeling like they are missing something. Nonetheless Safe House is entertaining and worth watching because it does have good character development.
½ December 19, 2014
This app is a piece of crap. It says loading gets to 90% and never loads. I am unable to see my movies using this app.
December 4, 2014
Loved it- great twist to the good and evil characteristics. Shows how corruption is of the highest of authorities and no one is to be trusted especially large organizations. Great acting by Ryan and Denzel, emotional, action packed with a significant message.
½ December 2, 2014
Safe House has just enough bone density to emit some satisfying cracks and pops whenever the action gets going. There's nothing really new here, but it has a cast full of actors who would make any director blush with confidence. Sadly each and every one of them is used as scenery for the action scenes.
December 2, 2014
Good action thriller. Saturday night movie!
December 2, 2014
Just an action film to pass the time. Nothing more.
November 30, 2014
Fine action movie , smart one ...Denzel great again ! Fun to see ...SOMDVD
November 22, 2014
Intense... Plenty of action. Worth watching.
November 13, 2014
It's like the Bourne Supremacy but without a plot or any real purpose. There was very little explanation as to what the movie was really about. Working within the confines of a limited plot, the rest was actually enjoyable. If you're able to fill in your own blanks as to what's happening, then you'll have a good time.
½ November 1, 2014
By genre aspires to be a Bourne film, the baddies and plot, actually everything is derivative.
October 25, 2014
Just didn't do it for me. Dig Reynolds, dig Denzel, and movie competently made, just felt like it was missing something.
October 23, 2014
I really liked this one. It's not perfect (it feels a bit too familiar, frankly), but it's intense and we'll crafted.
October 19, 2014
Love this movie. Great performance by both actors.
½ October 10, 2014
Pretty good movie, but we've seen everything in it a hundred times before. It has some good action scenes, the shootouts and car chases are all well done, and the movie never let's up on excitement and suspense. It gets off to a good start, and the rest of the movie resumes the quick pace. It has some good scenes, not for their action usually but those are good too, but the scene where Denzel gets shot in the house is a very good scene. Perhaps the best scene is near te end where Denzel dies after being wounded, it's a great sad scene, where Denzel's acting really stands out. It has a good number of good actors as well which is a big help, and although the movie was pretty good, it just didn't bring anything else new out, and it had a lot of scenes that were too heroic and such.
½ October 10, 2014
Tobin Frost: "I'm already in your head".

Safe House is about a house under the protection of the CIA becomes a target and it is up to the facility's house sitter to extract the criminal in hiding and take him to a secure location.

Let me start off with the goods: Denzel Washington in this movie nails it as the smart guy who will mess with you mind no matter what. I feel really sorry for Ryan Reynolds for being in movies that mostly bomb at the box office or him getting slammed by critics, but in this film he did a good job, but his character in the movie was really boring. Played the normal boring guy that the movie wants us to care about but you don't. Some of the action scenes where really well done, but some of the action scenes where shot poorly.

Now for the bad: The character's in the film are mostly bland or really dull to watch, but Denzel character was the only one that was interesting in the movie. As I said before about some of the action scenes. It was like they give a monkey a camera and let it shot some of the action scenes. The trailer to the movie give away so much of the movie that predict every scene that was going to happen.

Overall Safe House is a mediocre, forgettable movie with good performance in it.