Safe House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Safe House Reviews

½ May 19, 2015
Meh, not my enough suspense for me to keep watching
½ May 16, 2015
150516: Spy movie. Really, that's it. Some good action but a rather simple story.
½ April 27, 2015
The script is a generic piece of crap and the jerky camera is just too busy.Really doesn't matter who the actors are because they can't win here..
April 18, 2015
(55%)
A largely routine action movie that on the one hand has a pretty good cast with Washington elevating the movie with his usual brand of rock solid acting, with decent support from the likes of better than average Ryan Reynolds and Brendan Gleeson who's always worth keeping an eye on. But sadly on the other hand this is a messy directed, somewhat lazily written film that hampers the commitment of the cast. The South African setting though is nice and unique and a change of pace to Hollywood (not to mention it's a heck of a lot cheaper to shoot out there) but that aspect isn't enough to stop this from falling between the cracks and being just another action time passer.
½ March 27, 2015
Shitty ending. Shitty middle. Half shitty beginning.
½ March 26, 2015
always impressed with denzel but Ryan Reynolds impressed me too.
½ March 21, 2015
At times it seems the characters themselves have no idea why they're killing each other.
March 14, 2015
A functional thriller but little more.
March 10, 2015
Solid action movie but lacking in substance - more story and less violence would have made for a better picture. Safe House has moments of insight into its characters' backgrounds and convoluted plot, but only scratches the surface, never delving fully into them. In the hands of a more experienced director, the film may have taken more risks. The acting is first-rate, though; the wildly inconsistent Ryan Reynolds is really strong, and Denzel is, well, Denzel. He just didn't have any of those "Denzel moments" where he blows you away. 'Training Day' had about 50 of them. Overall, pretty much what I expected.
March 5, 2015
I like Denzel, but this movie was just ok
March 4, 2015
A veces algunos actores se encasillan en papeles de comedia, como es el caso de Ryan Reynolds que en esta cinta demuestra que podría interpretar papeles serios aunque sí creo que le falta un poquito más. Denzel por su parte se repite como actor en estos papeles lo cual resulta hasta cierto punto aburrido. Sin embargo la misma trama es bastante ligera y entretenida. Mezcla muy bien la acción con la trama y con algo que sabemos es muy posible del gobierno gringo, en ese sentido es muy realista y todos sabemos cómo funciona la CIA que a lo mejor no es necesario que nos lo digan en una película, pero que sí es interesante que los mismos gringos lo hagan notar.
February 21, 2015
* A complete waste of two brilliant actors.
* Characters aren't developed enough, making it difficult to care about what is happening in the film
* Styling of the film is sloppy.
½ February 20, 2015
This movie adds absolutely nothing to the action movie realm. Weak story and too many and mediocre fighting scenes. Not smart, nor exciting, nor funny.
February 14, 2015
I thought this movie was awesome.
½ January 30, 2015
Starting off promising this ends up pretty dull. One extra star for Denzel Washington though. Full review later.
January 27, 2015
OK for a Tuesday night in - kept my attention for sure.
½ January 15, 2015
Washington and Reynolds have some chemistry, but their roles are limited, much like the script often is for special operative movie roles. The action is solid though.
January 3, 2015
A great action pack political espionage movie
½ December 30, 2014
Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds give good performances with a decent script. Great idea for a script that is on the verge of being great. The problem is lack of explanation. The whole time the viewer is confused about what Denzel Washington's character is all about. The dialogue heavy parts are a bit confusing. This film leaves the viewer feeling like they are missing something. Nonetheless Safe House is entertaining and worth watching because it does have good character development.
½ December 19, 2014
This app is a piece of crap. It says loading gets to 90% and never loads. I am unable to see my movies using this app.