Safelight Reviews

• Oct 30, 2019

GREAT ACTING, EVAN PETERS AND JUNO TEMPLE MAKE A GREAT COUPLE, YOU WILL LOVE WATCHING, THEIR ADVENTURE TO THE CALIFORNIA LIGHT HOUSE

• Feb 26, 2018

this movie is fantastic. fuck the critics.

this movie is fantastic. fuck the critics.

• Nov 15, 2017

A beautiful little movie.

A beautiful little movie.

• Aug 12, 2017

Surprisingly decent indie with some truly genuine and compelling moments. A standout performance from Evan Peters, with good supporting work from most of the supporting cast.

• Apr 19, 2017

Great chemistry between the two leads and nice performances overall!

Great chemistry between the two leads and nice performances overall!

• Mar 21, 2017

another fuckin lost review!

another fuckin lost review!

• Oct 24, 2016

I sped through the violence. It is not as bad as the reviews.

I sped through the violence. It is not as bad as the reviews.

• Aug 24, 2016

Juno Temple is lovely as always. much better than the reviews. Too Violent

Juno Temple is lovely as always. much better than the reviews. Too Violent

• Mar 13, 2016

Pretty uneventful. I forgot about it almost immediately after I watched it.

Pretty uneventful. I forgot about it almost immediately after I watched it.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Feb 19, 2016

A formulaic and stereotypical coming-of-age love story, Safelight is quite boring and monotonous. The film follows a gas station clerk who strikes up a friendship with a hooker who offers to help him with a school project by driving him to lighthouses to photograph. The plot is painfully predictable and the characters are extraordinarily cliché: the hooker with a heart of gold, the soulful artist, etc. And the sets are remarkably bland and pedestrian. Incredibly trite, Safelight is a by-the-numbers teen drama that lacks any originality.