Safety Not Guaranteed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Safety Not Guaranteed Reviews

May 9, 2016
You don't really want to be anyone in this movie because they all kind of suck, but it's about hope and about being willing to have really big dreams and most of us don't have that, so to be honest at the end we'd all probably swap places with Darius (Plaza). Only partially because of all of her good jokes. I wish I could tell good jokes.
½ May 3, 2016
One of that movies I don't even know how I found, and I don't also know why I didn't review at the time I watched it. Well...what a pity, because on a movie like this I surely had some interesting thoughts, and considering I write this reviews more for me than for the others, it's bad I didn't put them on paper. Anyway, an incredible sci-fi movie, with a story that you will surely enjoy if you like the genre.
May 2, 2016
If you don't cry at the end you are a sociopath. Just saying.
½ April 23, 2016
Quirky. It's all the rave. Aubrey Plaza is quirky. Safety Not Guaranteed is really quirky. It's a quirk-fest. And I think that's why it gets a lot of great reviews. Quirky is in and to be anti-quirky would be quirky. The movie is based on an interesting concept, Plaza manages being good looking and quirky at the same time (a rare feat), and it's an interesting approach to a rom-com, but it's all very...quirky. And for those who love quirky, they'll love this movie. I'm anti-quirky. I'm anti-too long to get to the point quirky. So...that's that.
½ April 16, 2016
Really great and quirky indie rom-com movie!
April 11, 2016
Safety Not Guaranteed is such a good, stupendous movie. It does have its flaws as its subplot isn't that well realized, but this is mostly such an authentic movie not only in its weird story, but also in its crazy mix of comedy, science fiction and romance. But that mix honestly works and the film is not only riveting and funny, but it also has a big heart, it is very unpredictable and it's such an admirably original indie flick.
½ April 9, 2016
When we must get in deep with those whom are too deep for 1 person to understand whether they are normal or we are normal. When we all are deep minded when we look back on our life when we self realize that we were once socially awkward, alone and abnormal from the crowd.
We naturally adapt to those whom are awkward, when we are more deeper then they are and naturally know what they are going through. Self submerge ourselves in this awkwardness, mimicking and gaining trust with what we know, yet there is much more that we don't know.
When we get into deep to getting even deeper in trouble. When we just don't understand or know what's going on when somethings just come out of the dark, or light when we doing something bizarre or thinking something that makes us do something to change the past for our future. When we all don't know where everything went so wrong, to wishing we went in time to change it so we don't fall victim to our current dismissal life.
When getting into deep we know how to stay back and know only a few can get into deep we can trust, to not jeopardize this thought and idea. While some don't get into deep or involved with all of this craziness but we understand the heart wants what the heart wants. The mind wants what the mind wants.
Sometimes we never get what we want. A memory forever stored and never unearthed. Some moments are meant to remain still and others that are meant to remain constant. Are we crazy to think that someone could think and do so much for us that when we are crazy in love. When we search so deep for something when there is something staring us in the face with the same yearning for intimacy. What changes when what society distinguishes us to be that we care more about that puts the socially awkwardness in our mind.
½ February 23, 2016
The horrible ending takes off half a star in what was otherwise a relatively harmless and well-done indie film. The characters are all interesting at times, and all dull at others.
½ February 17, 2016
Used the term retards in the first 10 minutes. Lost me then, so I didn't continue watching. It's 2016. Stop using this term.
February 13, 2016
Great film. Definitely worth a watch.
February 12, 2016
Really good! Something different.
February 7, 2016
filme muito bom
com personagens interessantes e uma historia bonita sem ficar chata e passada
½ January 29, 2016
Aubrey Plaza is very charming and the movie would not be worth seeing without her.
January 27, 2016
Good indie. Worth the watch.
January 16, 2016
Stunning movie. an hour or two after I finished it off I realized that Darius was crying because altering the past would cause them to never meet and their kiss on the boat was a final goodbye (noted by the lack of letters in the box) just shattered me.
January 16, 2016
Immensely enjoyable - not wishing to spoil anything, you'll find yourself routing for the main characters all the way through.
January 8, 2016
This was fun and quirky, full of surprises yet overall uplifting. + I ?? Jake Johnson so hard
January 7, 2016
A warm and earnest tale of loneliness and longing for company is intriguing and at times very funny science fiction.