Safety Not Guaranteed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Safety Not Guaranteed Reviews

January 16, 2016
Immensely enjoyable - not wishing to spoil anything, you'll find yourself routing for the main characters all the way through.
January 8, 2016
This was fun and quirky, full of surprises yet overall uplifting. + I ?? Jake Johnson so hard
January 7, 2016
A warm and earnest tale of loneliness and longing for company is intriguing and at times very funny science fiction.
December 15, 2015
This is a sarcastic, funny, clever, touching movie featuring believable Seattleites and actually filmed in Seattle (and by the beach).
½ December 12, 2015
A simple, heartfelt and entertaining film about a young woman trying to find a purpose who finds herself happily entangled in the complexities of an odd, but genuine man's aspiration to travel time. My only complaint was that the movie's other-worldly and imaginary conclusion didn't fit the tone of the rest of the movie, which had been very down to earth and real.
December 11, 2015
im not positive whether or not i akcheally hated this movie or not but aubrey plaza reminds me so much of the girsls i have sex with that ill give it three stars
½ December 8, 2015
A personality piece of a sci-fi story: a guy advertises for a partner to go time traveling with. An indie rag decides to look into the possible story by sending one reporter and two interns to look into it. What's really up for grabs though is the idea that all of us have the experience of the-one-that-got-away, the regret inherent with that, and the consideration: would we go back if we could? It's a personality piece cause that's what keeps us in the tale, the personalities involved, and not the time travel angle at all. It's not bad at all.
½ November 24, 2015
They could've played with the time travel concepts more but instead it was all about the main character. He was well written and well played, creating some funny moments, but not enough to save this from mediocrity.
November 21, 2015
A charming indi-scifi-romance thingy.
½ November 19, 2015
It was not that good as people are saying, but what i did understand about this movie is that it was a good story about real people who have real problems and choose to go outside the box to solve it. In one word refreshing, as that being said for this being a good film, and seeing the beautiful Aubrey Plaza on screen, I give " Safety Not Guaranteed " a C-.
½ November 16, 2015
massively underappreciated
½ November 12, 2015
You'd have to be heartless to not enjoy this film.
November 4, 2015
I found this movie on YouTube (please don't arrest me), and I thought it was one of the better indie films out there.
October 22, 2015
Fantastic! I liked it! It was a smart, mysterious, deep, suspenseful and very funny fantasy movie! Aubrey Plaza, Mark Duplass and Jake Johnson did great performances! Climax was really wonderful! Time travel was the theme, but it was a deep human dramedy... Colin Trevorrow directed only this movie, then he directed Jurassic World! Because he's a great director!
October 19, 2015
The odd sci-fi plot becomes so much more thanks to the stellar performances of it's four leads and the absolute heart behind the story.
Robert B.
October 8, 2015
Safety Not Guaranteed is a feel good movie with light comedy and indie charm. The plot and acting, while not outstanding, are fine for what it is. The film moves along at a decent pace and comes to an end quickly enough. If viewed with modest expectations, Safety Not Guaranteed is fine for an evening's entertainment. Time travel fans should be warned that this is not a movie about time travel, really at all.
September 24, 2015
A very unexpected delight. A great underrated picture.
September 24, 2015
Soppy drama. No sci-fi at all. Obnoxiously tries too hard to be a metaphor for love/faith whatever.
September 22, 2015
The actors were weird but the plot was entertaining. There were a few funny parts. This is worth a watch on a movie channel.