Safety Not Guaranteed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Safety Not Guaranteed Reviews

½ November 24, 2015
They could've played with the time travel concepts more but instead it was all about the main character. He was well written and well played, creating some funny moments, but not enough to save this from mediocrity.
November 21, 2015
A charming indi-scifi-romance thingy.
½ November 19, 2015
It was not that good as people are saying, but what i did understand about this movie is that it was a good story about real people who have real problems and choose to go outside the box to solve it. In one word refreshing, as that being said for this being a good film, and seeing the beautiful Aubrey Plaza on screen, I give " Safety Not Guaranteed " a C-.
½ November 16, 2015
massively underappreciated
½ November 12, 2015
You'd have to be heartless to not enjoy this film.
November 4, 2015
I found this movie on YouTube (please don't arrest me), and I thought it was one of the better indie films out there.
October 22, 2015
Fantastic! I liked it! It was a smart, mysterious, deep, suspenseful and very funny fantasy movie! Aubrey Plaza, Mark Duplass and Jake Johnson did great performances! Climax was really wonderful! Time travel was the theme, but it was a deep human dramedy... Colin Trevorrow directed only this movie, then he directed Jurassic World! Because he's a great director!
October 19, 2015
The odd sci-fi plot becomes so much more thanks to the stellar performances of it's four leads and the absolute heart behind the story.
Robert B.
October 8, 2015
Safety Not Guaranteed is a feel good movie with light comedy and indie charm. The plot and acting, while not outstanding, are fine for what it is. The film moves along at a decent pace and comes to an end quickly enough. If viewed with modest expectations, Safety Not Guaranteed is fine for an evening's entertainment. Time travel fans should be warned that this is not a movie about time travel, really at all.
September 24, 2015
A very unexpected delight. A great underrated picture.
September 24, 2015
Soppy drama. No sci-fi at all. Obnoxiously tries too hard to be a metaphor for love/faith whatever.
September 22, 2015
The actors were weird but the plot was entertaining. There were a few funny parts. This is worth a watch on a movie channel.
½ September 17, 2015
Very cute and sweet.
½ August 29, 2015
An unconventional romcom about different relationships. The characters were very human and endearing.

**SPOILERS**
Thought there were some loose knots regarding the former love interest of Kenneth that were quickly brushed away after he realized that he was into Aubrey Plaza's character.
Requires some suspension of belief at the end, but maybe that added to the charm of the movie. For me, I found it a bit hard to believe, maybe it would've been better if they didn't show the end (whether they do successfully get to time travel or not).
August 23, 2015
A brilliant movie filled with equally brilliant performances. One great example of how a time travel movie should be made. Perfect in every way. Plaza's performance is excellent. The plot It may seem simple, but that's where It's strength comes from. It's not about making a big complicated time travel movie for the sake of it. It's about the characters and their feelings and how the choose to live. Because ultimately this film is about making choices and living with them. But most importantly, about living life.
August 11, 2015
Safety Not Guaranteed is a heartwarming movie worth 5 stars. Not very predictable, very good quality. Aubrey Plaza did an outstanding job, as always. This was (I'm pretty sure) the only time I've seen Mark Duplass in a movie, and he was a great actor also. I am glad that I watched it. The ending is kind of a Doctor Who-ish ending (which is a major plus to me.) I'm very impressed at this movie.
½ August 11, 2015
It's has it charming moments and is beautifully filmed with a good surprise ending, but the odd feel just made the whole film feel very unnecessarily awkward.
August 9, 2015
Très hà (C)tà (C)ro comme style, quand même profond et intrigant.
½ August 3, 2015
Safety Not Guaranteed is an uninteresting and unoriginal film with a cliche romance
July 26, 2015
Curiosa obra indie que sin duda destaca por lo original de su propuesta, y que luego se deja llevar por los clichés del cine independiente: chica con gustos extraños y oscuro pasado, chico aun más extraño y con aun más perturbado pasado, diálogos sesudos, personajes que se plantean su vida y el pardillo de turno que se convierte en todo un ligón porque...sí.

¿Eso la convierte en una película típica? Si y no. Si consigues ver más allá de los clichés, es un film que intenta hacer algo diferente con las películas relacionadas con viajes en el tiempo, y se plantea algunos dilemas que no se tienen en cuenta en estas: ¿cómo te preparas para ir a otra época?¿qué forma tendrás de saber si has hecho algo mal?¿qué no se debe hacer cuando viajes?

También es interesante el hecho de que en ningún momento de la película sabremos si todo el viaje en el tiempo es posible o no.

Con todo es una película para aquellos que les guste el cine indie de los últimos años.