Sailor Beware Reviews

• Feb 02, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Aug 02, 2015

another martin & lewis svc comedy

another martin & lewis svc comedy

• Jun 09, 2014

Come and do the sailor's polka--Jerry and Dean join Uncle Sam,s Canoe Club.. Very episodic and enjoyable!!

• Dec 16, 2013

Martin and Lewis star as a smooth and a whacky sailor always getting into all sorts of trouble. Nice fast pace and good solid rhythm, though this kind of comedy is always more a required taste, and anyone expecting anything that goes beyond the usual little plot should look elsewhere.

• Jul 03, 2011

• Jul 03, 2011

• Nov 22, 2010

Comical genius Jerry Lewis is hilarious in this film especially the boxing scene.

• Mar 18, 2010

56/100. This is one of the better films in the Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis pairings, but that?s not saying much. If you can stomach Jerry Lewis? brand of humor you will likely love this. As for me, it was difficult to sit through the silliness. I find Jerry Lewis so irritating, and he seems to think he is so funny visually through body movements, but he sure could take some lessons from Charlie Chaplin. I guess since I am not French I am missing something here. It is at times quite funny, but usually when Jerry Lewis isn?t involved, Dean Martin sings some good songs and does a competent job. His whiny voice is nerve wracking. Robert Strauss is good in a supporting role.

• Oct 10, 2009

Probably the best movie I have ever seen

Probably the best movie I have ever seen

• Sep 29, 2009

The Dean/Jerry balance is how I like it, with Dean getting a few songs and Jerry allowed to run amok the rest of the time. He even gets a girl in this one. Again, it isn't brilliant or subtle comedy, and there's really nothing unique or original about it, but for Lewis fans it gets the job done.