Saint Misbehavin': The Wavy Gravy Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saint Misbehavin': The Wavy Gravy Movie Reviews

January 24, 2013
You're either on the bus or off the bus.
Wavy Gravy was on the bus, and many of us were on there with him, in spirit if not in reality, whatever that means. "Reality is for people who can't handle spirituality." Wavy might have said that. But he didn't. I did.

So if you weren't "there" you might not get this documentary. But if you want to find out what was "there" behind the scenes, what the inner soul of the hippie movement feels like, then this is pretty much your ticket. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, because it's just Hugh Romney aka Wavy Gravy. And he's just sweeping up.

Great piece of low budget documentary making here!
January 3, 2012
Fascinating look at a leader of the counterculture
December 6, 2011
Wavy Gravy is a man for all time. He's been a hero for fifty years, committing himself fully to social projects and to politics and to social change. The guy is just a moral inspiration, and he's funny and smart as well. The film suits his style as well I think. It is random and funny and uncompromising. At the same time is very carefully made, definitely a tribute to an amazing character. It's time that everyone knew that Wavy Gravy is more than just an awesome ice cream flavor! It also gives a great retrospective on the 60s counterculture; Wavy Gravy is a man who embodied the movement, and even the staunchest republican must respect his commitment and his values.
½ November 30, 2011
Wow! Well I learned a lot about Wavy. I cannot believe he has been married all these years to a normal, attractive woman. Regardless loved seeing the vintage footage and seeing someone who just goes through life being positive and promoting goodness and kindness.
November 27, 2011
Heart warming movie about a truly great person. We need more like him!
November 26, 2011
Wavy Gravy has served breakfast in bed to 500,000 people, he has traveled through the Middle-East and beyond to bring joy and food to the down-trodden, hopeless, homeless, and even those affected by natural disasters. He has mentored the youth of America as the co-founder of Camp Winnarainbow. A poet. A clown. A Hog Farmer. A Merry Prankster. A living Saint. This movie highlights and sheds light on the wonderful and unbelievable life, of one of the zaniest and greatest people, to ever walk the planet.

This is an incredibly in-depth documentary chronicling the life of Hugh Romney, who went from a beloved New York poet, to a nomadic Jester. Traveling the world with his much-loved Wife, as they set out to make a difference in the world. SAINT MISBEHAVIN' will not only put a smile on your face, but it may inspire you to release the inner-Wavy that hides deep inside all of us.
½ November 23, 2011
A totally positive portrayal of a hippy who didn't sell out
December 13, 2010
laughed so hard i pooped my pants. and i have only done that twice
December 12, 2010
...It's about time! I was beginning to think this bio would NEVER be released, and it didn't: It Escaped! Come on Warren: SHOW THIS!!!
December 11, 2010
A truly must see. It is one of the finest life stories about a living man who continues his passionate and compassionate journey preaching peace and love.
December 6, 2010
waiting for this movie it gone Rock