Saint John of Las Vegas Reviews

• Jan 28, 2015

Una película con situaciones muy divertidas, mantiene la tensión y un final inesperado. Nunca adiviné que iba a suceder. Gran película, no entiendo cómo a la mayoría de la gente no le gustó, yo me divertí mucho.

• Aug 18, 2013

While not having anything terribly bad about it, Saint John of Las vegas hasn't got that much which is very good, settling for alright. I like all the actors and characters, there is an alright story idea. Somehow none of it seems to get developed to it's potential and it's frustrating for the viewer. Had it been a little more quirky, a little more raunchy, a little more violent - it would have been more memorable. It had an R rating and did nothing with it.

• Jun 07, 2013

Not just boring, but interestingly boring.

Not just boring, but interestingly boring.

• May 18, 2013

I didn't hate it but it seemed very pointless

I didn't hate it but it seemed very pointless

• Apr 07, 2013

Some funny moments, but overall not so great.

Some funny moments, but overall not so great.

• Apr 01, 2013

Not very engaging. I expected more from Steve Buscemi and Sarah Silverman. Even Peter Dinklage couldn't save this one.

• Mar 24, 2013

An odd choice for Steve Buscemi. While Virgil has his moments, John is a slow-paced, bland lead role in this uneventful comedy.

• Nov 29, 2012

Wow! I just watched this film and I can not disagree more with some of the poor ratings here. The film is bittersweet in that the almost every character is a compulsive gambler in their own way. The story is engaging and the cast is superb. Watch this film without distraction, I guarantee you will not be disapointed.

• Nov 19, 2012

First-time full-length director Hue Rhodes has taken a gamble with this pitch black dramedy about compulsive gambler John (Steve Buscemi - "Boardwalk Empire", Fargo, Reservoir Dogs), who has uprooted his life thus-far filled with bad habits and poor choices to escape the vices of Vegas to start anew in the slower, less frenetic and tempting city of Albuquerque, New Mexico (which means John must not watch AMC's Breaking Bad!). John's new life is considerably less-exciting as he works the phones in the back offices of an auto insurance company. His one joy at work -- and perhaps within the entire city and in his "new life" -- is sharing his cubicle with "yellow happy face" obsessed Jill (Sarah Silverman - Wreck-It Ralph, Take This Waltz, Evolution). Wanting a little more out of life, John's attempt to ask his boss (Peter Dinklage - "Game of Thrones", Elf, The Station Agent) for a raise finds himself being assigned as a partner to Virgil (Romany Falco - Think Like a Man, Baby Mama, Blades of Glory), a top in-the-field investigator for fraudulant claims. John's life is thrown for a loop/into danger (!) when his new assignment finds him investigating a dubious filing in Sin City (darn the luck!). Saint John has a great cast (although some of the casting may be questionable) and there are some laughs here (some easy and some uncomfortable). This isn't a bad movie; the downside is that it is just not good enough for a recommendation. No matter what genre one would want to place this movie into, there would be much better ones to watch in any of them. Craps!

• Aug 23, 2012

Really quirky. Like most of Steve Buscemi's projects. But this one wasn't as great as a lot of his others.