Saints and Soldiers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saints and Soldiers Reviews

½ October 30, 2016
Honestly what a waste of a what could have been a good war movie. How did this get a 66% and 78% score from critics and viewers, respectively? Formulaic, superficially acted (although the Deacon and the guy from Brooklyn were ok) and just poorly put together. This could have been a great movie, yet I feel like I just wasted 1.5 hours of my life.
July 15, 2016
Saints and Soldiers is a fantastic film. It is about four American soldiers and one Brit fighting in Europe during World War II. Corbin Allred and Peter Holden give amazing performances. The screenplay is good but a little slow in places. Ryan Little did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the action and drama.
May 16, 2016
Really Good War movie
January 13, 2016
Saints and Soldiers is not the best war movie out there, but it's still a pretty good movie.
January 10, 2016
at the local library
½ January 10, 2016
good WWII pic post yes way post WWII
September 29, 2015
A fantastic tale of true grit and determination from those who served our country and helped defend others freedom as well.
½ September 19, 2015
Average war film. Nothing special but reasonably enjoyable.
January 23, 2015
Love this movie!! So good! A
½ December 25, 2014
Almost excellent in that there was a bit slow in the beginning but toward the I realized how touching it was and it was all worth while because the slowness part actually made me understood the characters so when each of them perished I was very touched. Therefore the director did a good job in building the characters.
November 6, 2014
Not bad, for a WWII movie.
October 10, 2014
Pretty cheap production. It comes down to if you believe that every soldier serves his country the same or are they just butchers
July 14, 2014
One of my favorite WWII movies
July 9, 2014
The saga of the men who, having survived 'The Malmedy Massacre', must now journey back to their own lines--About as big as a small movie can be!!
June 21, 2014
This movie has been on my Netflix queue for about 2 years. I finally gave it a shot, and thought it was pretty good. Again I love any films, tv shows, and documentaries dealing with WWII; it's the true the boys that fought are the greatest generation. The film has a simple premise; behind enemy lines get Intel to allied forces, but it has some good action, and the characters are likable. No major stars in this film, but some good actors in it. Probably won't appeal to casual movie goer, but history buffs might like the film.
½ May 14, 2014
I love pretty much any ww2 movie so it takes a lot to be average like this one is. Filled with sloppy religious undertones. Openly borrows from and wants to be saveing private ryan and band of brothers. If you are making a LDS backed movie there is a way to do it right. This movie didin't get the actoin or drama or message across. Still with all that more fun to watch just cause its WW2.
½ May 2, 2014
This movie had a pretty good story with some b-list talent. Overall a good movie
April 7, 2014
I liked this movie. It's low budget, simple and has a overused plot but it got it right. Some movies with low budget suck, but the director of Saints and Soldiers did what he could with what he had and get good results. In fact I think it had the most variety of German weapons of any movie I've seen, which is pretty impressive and suprising considering it's low budget and theme. Slow at times and the action scenes arnt great, just slow pace shootouts like the other Saints and Soldiers, but a good movie.
January 20, 2014
Decent enough low budget war movie. It did a good job for what it had to work with, although most of the action was too fake looking and shaky.
January 17, 2014
good movie. There was good acting and good filming in this movie. Even though there are lapses in action, it still keeps your attention. Overall good movie that I recommend. also, There are some of those faces in this that seem familiar but I can't seem to precisely where I recognize them from.