Saints and Soldiers: Airborne Creed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saints and Soldiers: Airborne Creed Reviews

July 19, 2015
Not as good as the first one, but with more action. The action is dull tho, not like a fast pace battle but a small slow shootout, kinda like the first Saints and Soldiers. The plot is similar, the movie is low budget and its similar to the original but not what I thought it would be. A good movie for younger audiences, but not for us who has seen better. Watch the original, but not this one.
March 1, 2015
During this movie I was very confused. Half of the people didn't speak English so you didn't know what they were saying half of the time. Even from the beginning of the movie it was just confusing and hard to follow along with. I couldn't tell who was who in this movie so it was hard to follow exactly what was happening. There were parts in the movie that were interesting and drew my attention to them but other than some of those small parts I got kind of bored while watching the movie. Overall I would give this movie about a 2.0.
December 6, 2014
A war movie made by people who think war is the same as video war games on Playstation.
October 9, 2014
It's not going to win any awards and it's rather cliche at times, but it is a totally watchable movie that WWII flick fans will enjoy.
July 21, 2014
pretty good for war buffs check it out
½ May 4, 2014
the action scenes are appallingly inaccurate, no one, even on day 1 of basic training, would walk across the middle of an open field! As for the nazis in disguise, that is just awful rubbish.
I wholeheartedly agree with the comment "what's the point?". If this is billed as a prequel then there is no continuity with the 2003 film and whilst the ending scene is heart-warming it just serves to emphasise the disconnected nature of all that went before it.

It is great to see a WW2 film where, even with a low budget, money was spent on accurate props, and as my father (a British WW2 veteran) used to complain about most Hollywood efforts, this film does not dwell overly long on how the USA won the war single handedly. Overall this is a film to watch once and to be commended for its props, but not one I will add to my collection - glad I saw it on TV rather than having to pay to watch it!
½ November 17, 2013
Authentic Army gear and vehicles don't make up for the nonexistent story.
½ October 10, 2013
Forgettable war film, no real substance.
½ October 10, 2013
Not as good as the first, but still enjoyable.
October 6, 2013
Absolutely abysmal war movie with strange misplaced Christian undertones. The story is embarrassingly bad and the acting actually made me cringe in my seat at times. Avoid at any cost!
October 5, 2013
Nowhere near as good as the first one. Plods along with no real coherent point.
½ October 1, 2013
OK movie but missing it wouldn't have left a hole in my life. Most people wouldn't have noticed but I trained on the M1 rifle half a century ago and the actors didn't have their trigger finger in the right position. The US tank was not a Sherman. Shooting an unsighted carbine 100 yards and hitting two coke bottles seems real unlikely, especially standing, At least the Jeeps were authentic. Also the paratroopers didn't jump with M1 Garands, they used the carbine which only one of them carried. That the soldiers fought in Italy was accurate but I don't believe the Germans disguised as Americans were operating in Operation Dragoon. To the best of my knowledge they were a Battle of the Bulge creation which the 517th did fight in. The 517th was active in some of the heaviest fighting in WWII Europe. Some people will like the movie which has human value and others will find it a yawn. I fall in the middle of the spectrum partly because the inaccuracies distracted me.
½ June 28, 2013
A little unpredictable, acting good and last seen is really touching!
June 6, 2013
This movie is full of so many military inaccuracies that it was laughable. They really should have hired ANYONE with prior military experience to be a consultant. The combat scenes were a joke especially the scene of the French girl and the soldier having target practice in the middle of a war zone and giving away their positions. The last straw were the assault on the Panzer tank and the German officer left to walk away without being taken as a POW. So many court martial offenses that it would make a good training film for the JAG corps. What a waste of my time. Can I have the one hour of my life back? (I couldn't finish it.)
½ June 5, 2013
Behind the low budget effects and action scenes there is fantastic acting and a tear jerking moment at the end.
½ April 13, 2013
Very stereotypical WWII film. The acting was stiff and pretty bad overall. A few of the plot "twists" were just plain stupid.
April 12, 2013
Not a great film, but not a bad film either. A bit low budget at times but does the job and is a quite entertaining small squad movie. I'd give it a 3.5/5 if half ratings were allowed.
April 6, 2013
War movies are better with minimal special effects.
March 2, 2013
It was a nice and religious war movie. But not better than first and it was not sequel. and it was not Mormon movie too! War battle action scenes were pretty good, sometimes funny and message was nice. and French girl was cute and funny! But no surprise and no twist ending. If you liked Saints and Soldiers, maybe you'll be disappointed like me... Bl-ray's HD picture quality was amazing!
½ February 12, 2013
Very good movie,i loved the scene with the disguised GIs.I do have to say it is strange as hell to see Deacon go from playing a "saint" to a gung ho half wit with a stupid mohawk,but that being said i loved this movie too.